Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1150 Vroom

I think it looks pretty cool
    I finaly stopped the vibration that was compleatly my fault for not bolting the new clocks and fairing on tight enough

Buell flyscreen and GSXR guages?

Jim

Comment

Nice bike Joe!

Comment

The Screen is a universal from JC whitney it took two months to arrive and cost me about 2 billion dollars Canadian
        the Clocks are early slap side GSXR and look pretty good though Im gonna get a new mount lazercut out of Aluminum

Comment

Hey Joe - How about a front shot of the flyscreen? I have been thinking of getting one of them but I can't decide between the "double bubble" like yours or the standard....

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Comment

TRIPLE TREE

WHAT KIND OF TOP TRIPLE TREE IS THAT. I HAVE AN 1150. I WOULD LIKE TO RUN BARS LIKE THAT.

Comment

Its a stanard GS1150 Triple Tree with the clipons removed I polished it and drilled out the clipon mounts and then installed a set of Handle bar mounts from a Yamaha XS650 I polished them, but any bolt on mounts will work the bars mounts are set a little further apart than standard but flat drag bars fit on the bike awesome, Im thinking of going to a rethal anodised bar, but at the moment im moving and im a little poor becouse of the house deposit

you will have to set the forks lower in the yoke so the bars will fit
                and im gonna go to a round remote brake fluid resivour like what they have on Gixers...
                the clutch cable needs to be changed also from a standard cable with the 90 degree to a GS1000 so it fits a little better

Comment

??

Comment

kz, I have done the same thing to my 1150, I just cut the fender off where it hangs down from the brake light. As for the license plate light I just cut a section out of the bottom of the brake light lense and epoxied in a clear piece.
                    Havent had any problems with water splashing up

Comment

??

Comment

Sorry ive been kida busy moving house for the last few weeks and havnt been back here much , and my house is full of boxes....NIght mare
                        well
                        I havnt bothored with cutting a whole in the bottom of my back light
                        I just cut down the rear fender, but I removed it all first,
                        first of all I mounted my signals on the rear fender mounts, but to my annoyance the rear whear chewed through the wires, and made me VERY ANGRY..
                        now ive mounted them to the rear grab rail
                        Im planning on repainting my bike ...not me personly but getting it done profestionly
                        allso im gonna shorten the rear end by shortening the rear seat portion
                        [img][/img]

Comment

??

Comment

Sorry for the delay kz. I had a bracket fabricated at my local engineering firm to hold the license plate tidily underneath the brakelight.

Another modification I'm doing at the moment is the dash. My original gauges were beyond repair so I bought some GSXR gauges and I am mounting them in the plastic ignition/top yoke cover.
                            I have some pictures so far but I will be taking more next week so i'll keep you posted.
                            Here's the link (they're in the suzuki folder)

Joe you have a great looking bike and your tail unit shortening will look awesome

Comment

??

Comment

Working...
                              X