seat for 81GS750L

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seat for 81GS750L

How do I find out if a 750E or 850 seat fits a 750L? Suzuki dealers can't tell me anythind except that they are different part #'s

I have an 81 750L and from what I have been able to find out the L frame is narrower so the gas tank and I believe the seat also will not inter change. But I haven't actually tried it this is just information I got when I was looking for a larger tank to put on my bike.

Mike

Comment

pics

is there any way for me to get a pic of your seat and how it is mounted?....PLEASE!
      M. Ross Earhart

Comment

Re: pics

Originally posted by mrossearhart
        is there any way for me to get a pic of your seat and how it is mounted?....PLEASE!
        M. Ross Earhart
        I've been gone to a Rally in Colorado and then a two day Trials event near home so I haven't logged on since last week. I'll try to get you a picture and post it by this weekend.

Mike

Comment

can't wait

many thanks.....
          M. Ross Earhart

Comment

Hello, I am also interested in placing a different rear end/seat on my 81 750L. Would anyone happen to have found any information out on what seats swap in/out??

Dm of mD

Comment

Go to the Travalcade/Saddlemen website and look up on the page for Seats for Older Bikes. See if the replacement seat part numbers for your bike are the same as the other model bikes you are considering.

It's probable that the L model is different, but you might get lucky. Either way, you can get a brand-new replacement seat foam and cover kit for your bike from Saddlemen for about $120, assuming you already have a decent seat pan for your bike.

Comment

Working...
              X