Filter Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filter Cover

Does any one of the group have an old extra Filter Box COVER to fit my 79 GS550L...Didnt think to look under the seat when I bought it and now find it has no filter or cover. I think I can get a filter but would like to find a cover for the box if anyone has one that they will let go of...

Mickey Walker [/b][/i]

You should post this in the parts wanted section to get more replies.
    If you're riding it, get a filter ASAP. If you cannot get a lid right away, just use a couple strips of duct tape or ?
    If your bike is stock, you will be running LEAN. Removing the cover effects the jetting quite a bit. Lean means you'll be running hotter. At least put the duct tape on until you find a cover.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Filter Box Cover

Thanks for the response. I knew that I should't run the engine without the filter but really didn't know why, just knew that it wouild not be the same carb mixture...I have contacted nearly all of the parts sites on the internet and none so far have the filer for a '79 in stock...I will post to the parts forum as suggested. Again, thanks for your advice.

Mickey Waller

Comment

You can also try to contact some of the 550 owners here. Some of them may have a good filter laying around or have experience finding them.
        "first timer" and "AOD" are a couple of members. Sometimes you can look under members signatures to find what bikes they own.
        At least put the duct tape on until you get the filter and lid.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Working...
        X