A very bad Bike shop expierence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very bad Bike shop expierence

Well Hi everyone, I first started riding about five years ago...
    My first Bike was and I'm proud to say was a 1978 GS550E...
    A really great Bike, Now for the fun part, I had just gotten the bike when my clutch cable started sticking. So I took it to the bike shop they told me I needed a new cable. After paying for the cable, labor, and shop fees.
    I was once again living my dream of the open road. After a couple of months it started sticking again. Now me no expierence with bikes. After all I had only had my bike a couple of months now. I took it back to the shop. Yep you guessed it a new cable was in order. Once again new cable,labor,shop fees. Then once again I was on the road. After a couple of months it started sticking again. So by now, I had been around other riders who started sharing info with me. They told me about a grease fitting So I added grease and WAM sticking problem solved. I know I was ignorant to bikes but I had a reason to be I had never been around them before...What do you think the shop told me...I told them and showed them the fitting. They said the other cables were bad because they were sticking. I told them that the new one was too...I added grease to it and it stoped...They said it wasn't true....I took the bike back when it started sticking again. They saw it sticking,I added grease it stoped sticking.They told me they could not give me any money back..I told them they will never get any more work from me...Now I am working on getting a gs1100 not sure which one I will get..And I work on my own bike now..

That sucks...

Good mechanics, that you can "trust", are hard to find. I found a shop to do work on my trucks if I feel I'm not up to it. They are honest, and do good work. It would be good to find one for my bike to, but I haven't gotten any good tips yet. One good thing about older bikes, is that you can work on them if you have some mechanical skills.

Terry

Comment

Working...
    X