X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Michael Howard and others

I may have what is one of the best windshields for our 82/83 GS1100E's

National Cycle's Deflector Screen DX # N2595
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WwAAAE0bTPE00oNDVszvtbrfoZ897JE0FFaRR6YLmd43ogU0J x3oXftm1536fIk!84ZtZF1IjPuMwml1k5mKF5rdHC4OurYlkAk 293utzfj895!hCCz8*DY41Meroaw9GIcG2wUeO*8/Suzi%20new%20photos%20002.jpg?dc=46754371771518442 84[/img]
    [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WwAAAE4bjfE00oNDVszvtbrfoZ897JE0FFaRR6YLmd5t!3pqn 6cnKutAlo2pdmoI5H7tuOcPvr7avj6Tmi6K1xnzwEf8ioQfA*2 GnKEVa!Tnj3Nb4jJbRxA33pgd!OgXlUIjZUynSpw/Suzi%20new%20photos%20003.jpg?dc=46754371772201231 29[/img]

I was able to steal this on Ebay. It does a great job of reducing wind on the chest and offering some decent protection.
    Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
    2000 Kawasaki Concours
    Please wear ATGATT

Crags I like that one ....NICE!!!!
    Dink

Comment

Looks good Doug. I will look into it.

Comment

I have the same screen on my 650. It does a good job of keeping wind of your chest. It creates turbulence around the helmet though, and causes the wind blast to be alot louder.
        Back in April I took mine off, and immediately noticed it was quieter. Two days ago I put it back on, and found that I didn't have to hold onto the handlebars as tightly, but it's noisy.

Comment

dennis kirk sells something very similiar.....i like the smaller windshields..not quite as goldwingish.....

Comment

Nice. Would look ok on a GS1000 as well I think...

Comment

Whats wrong with wind on your CHest.....
              I like to ride with no shirt on with my man mams swinging in the wind
              dont you

and pasties with tassles

Comment

Hey Doug, do you think that thing would work on a square headlight? I really like the look!
                Currently bikeless
                '81 GS 1100EX - "Peace, by superior fire power."
                '06 FZ1000 - "What we are dealing with here, is a COMPLETE lack of respect for the law."

I ride, therefore I am.... constantly buying new tires.

"Tell me what kind of an accident you are going to have, and I will tell you which helmet to wear." - Harry Hurt

Comment

Windsheilds are for sissies....... :twisted:

Comment

Originally posted by HiSPL
                    Hukked on fonix wurked 4 mee...

Comment

Originally posted by HiSPL
                      Hukked on fonix wurked 4 mee...

Comment

Originally posted by Jethro
                        Hey Doug, do you think that thing would work on a square headlight? I really like the look!
                        We will have to measure it on the 21st. Good possibility. It came in handy this morning at 45 degrees.
                        Gotta love fall in New England 8O :roll:
                        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                        2000 Kawasaki Concours
                        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Originally posted by Jeckler
                          I have the same screen on my 650. It does a good job of keeping wind of your chest. It creates turbulence around the helmet though, and causes the wind blast to be alot louder.
                          Back in April I took mine off, and immediately noticed it was quieter. Two days ago I put it back on, and found that I didn't have to hold onto the handlebars as tightly, but it's noisy.
                          I noticed the same thing about the wind. Have that windscreen on my 83 1100E also. I was hoping they would come up with a version with a little flip on the top edge to reduce the helmet noise. I set mine almost vertical once but that made the front end feel a bit squirrely.
                          Nice thing is that it's very easy to remove or re-install, two thumb screws, leaving the handlebar brackets in place. So you can go with the wind or without easily.

Comment

I have that screen
                            I took it off a Kawasaki Zed thou
                            but I havnt got the mounts....its smoked (dark) and if any of you guys have that fairing and want a spare Ill send it to you for the postage

Comment

Working...
                            X