Questions about crash bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about crash bars

i am looking for a crash/highway bar that will fit 80' gs550l, or where to look for one. new or used. i have been surprized to not be able to find any info on this topic. i am a mechanic but am new to motorcycles in general. do most people who want a crash/highway bar build their own? or does my difficulty stem from the bike being 23yrs old?

The single best place to look is eBay. I doubt anyone stocks them anymore.

Here's a set, dunno if it's for an 'L' or not though: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2430459194

Comment

thanks Jeckler.

i just tried to win an auction for one on ebay, but the bidding was furious. the current bid price jumped more than 100% durring the last 30 sec. i will keep looking.

if anyone knowes or can point me to info on how to modify etc. crash/highway bars not specificaly made for the 80' gs550, fill me in...

or if anyone wants to give or sell me a blueprint to make a crash/highway bar, don't be shy

thanks

twomenind@hotmail.com

Comment

I guess I could Make a few sets in my Metal shop....get them Powder coated or cromed

only a few bucks of metal in the things

Comment

thanks to everyone who responded.. i finnaly found an old highway bar that should do me just fine.

thanks again!
          Van

Comment

Working...
          X