Drivers Floorboards for older GS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drivers Floorboards for older GS

Hey folks, not sure if this is an appearance mod or what you'd call it so I'll start here. I'm wondering if anyone has found drivers floorboards (probably made for a different bike) that will fit on an older GS (in this case my 78 GS1000).

In case you're wondering, I'm looking because I plan to add rear floorboards for my wife. I found universal one's that will fit and work, however, if I'm going to replace the rear pegs I'd like to replace the front one's too. Please let me know if anyone has found a set that can either replace the entire peg or fit into the exisiting peg bracket.

Thanks,
    -T

Floor Boards

Jeez you Kids

Comment

Easy, now...

I rather like the idea myself The trouble is finding a set.

Comment

Originally posted by joe.d
        Floor Boards

Jeez you Kids
        Hey come on now Seriously though there is a logical reason behind it. My wife has been complaining about the size of the pegs and how easily they can be accidently kicked into their retracted position. Also, with her boots, they tend to get in the spot between her heel and the front sole. When this happens she can't feel the pegs under her feet. So to help her out, I figured floorboards would do the trick.

Like I said, I found universal's that I can mount on the rear. I just fear now the bike will look stupid with boards on the rear and pegs in front. So I'd like to put them on the front two but of course this flipping GS has peg mounts like no other. Plus there's no 1" tubing anywhere in that area for universal mounts. So if anyone has found a way to make this work (boards for another bike with similar mounts, an easy fabrication, etc) I'd love to hear about it.

Comment

Also, with her boots, they tend to get in the spot between her heel and the front sole. When this happens she can't feel the pegs under her feet.
          Tape her feet to the pegs.

Comment

could you put some tubing in where the old pegs were? Not sure whether the tube would have to go front to back or not, but if so a "T" connector would do it. That might move your floorboards out too far, but if you're lucky they'd act like wings and you wouldn't have to worry about "cage drivers" just stay below the Boeings.

Barry

Comment

Working...
            X