Speedometer Cheap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedometer Cheap

My speedo quit on my Kawasaki down in Georgia last weekend. Kawasaki loves all the little parts they make for bikes and it grieves them deeply to see any of them leave, so they price them to discourage anyone from buying them...Now that that is out of my system. Can't say this idea is original with me I saw some examples in Classic Bike...guys using digital bicycle speedometers on bikes. So I tried it and it works. Mounted the trigger magnet to the brake rotor of my Concours and the sensor to the fork leg and yes, we have speed! Total Walmart price $9.32. Everything is mounted using cable ties. Might be just what you're looking for...and the thing has 12 functions too!

Some of the more inexpensive ones only go up to 99mph.
    I put a Sigma BC400 on my 650 a few months ago. I paid $15 for it. It's the most basic that Sigma offers, but reports a top speed of 300KMH (186mph). Not that I can go that fast.
    It has a clock, total distance (up to 9999), and trip odometer (with tenths)that resets after 4 hours of inactivity. The only downside is when programming, it it only accepts measurements down to the nearest centimeter. The BC500 and up can measure down to the closest millimeter, for those anal types who neeed the utmost calibration. The higher end ones also have more features. I don't think any of them have backlights though, so you're screwed at night.
    The only modification I had to do was lengthen the sensor wires to reach from the brake disk up to the handlebars.

What kind did you get?

Comment

speedo replacement

hello im new to the gs list and i saw your comment on bike computers. i also have a kdx enduro dirtbike . this bike uses a odometer stock. the currant choice for replacement is the trail tech endurance model. its on e-bay usually for 72 dollars or so. it is the top rated one on this site as it is designed for motorcycles with good reliability. comes with mounting clips of various types and also has a back lite. has about 14 functions can also be used on 2 different bikes

Comment

I got the "Schwinn" cheapo model. Only registers up to 99.9mph. I've been known to go faster, but, I'm trying to quit! :roll:

Comment

I got the "Schwinn" cheapo model. Only registers up to 99.9mph. I've been known to go faster, but, I'm trying to quit! [Rolling Eyes]
          My GS speedometer only goes to 85 but I have been able to cope.
          Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
          80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Working...
          X