Best repair manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best repair manual?

Hey, folks I don't know if this has been posted before but could not find it in my search. I just purchased a 1980 GS1000GL that needs fork, carb, and general maintenance/repair. I saw the official Suzuki manual offered for $55 and the Haynes for $21. I don't mind paying extra but want the best to make my life easier. Any input from the gang would be appreciated.

Well, your factory manual will have the most information. It will have the procedures for servicing the bike, plus all the technical information. The aftermarket manuals will have updated information. By this, I mean updated procedures, although the aftermarket manuals do not contain all the servicing information. For instance checking the cam chain tensioner, etc.

I have a Clymer manual and a factory service manual for my 850. I use them as a combination. I got the Clymer manual first, shortly after I got my bike. After about a year, I started tinkering more with the bike and needed all the technical data. Sure I could go to a local shop and they would show me the information I needed, but it's much easier to open the binder and look at the information while I am working on the bike.

Comment

Sorry folks. In browsing the 105 pages of technical info, I found an entry entitled "Which is the better manual?" that has many entries. I think they agree with your response, brs127s. Thanks. Like wow, the amount of info in the technical info section is incredible! Thanks everyone for their wisdom!

Comment

Working...
      X