tires, rims, exhaust for gs750es

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tires, rims, exhaust for gs750es

Hey everybody I know that this question may have been asked before but I?m new here an was wondering if anyone could tell me if there was any style rims and tires from newer sport bikes that could fit my 1984 gs750es.

Also I was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on getting a little more pep out of her. She has a 4 into 1 pipe, brand name unknown, possibly a Mac? And I?m not sure if it?s been re-jetted, i just bought the bike for 500$can with a blown regulator.

Feed back would be greatly appreciated because I could use all the help I could get.

Thanks Peter

I have an unnamed 4into1 and it's made by Jardine. It didn't need rejetting, in my case, but usually if the pipe's been replaced, the jetting is done at the same time... if required.

Usually...

To change wheels, there's a good chance you're going to have to change the forks and swingarm as well. I've researched out changing my setup to 17" front and back instead of 18" rear, 16" front... but it messes with the geometry and I'm hesitating.

Robben

Comment

1984 GS750

Pete,
      I have a 84 GS 750EE. I put GSXR wheels on it. The nice improvement is I can now run radial tires and I have modern brakes. If you want, I could send you a photo. Where in Canada are you located.

Kevan

Comment

kevan ,
        actually im from paradise, newfoundland. an if it wouldnt be to much trouble id love to see the pics, you could send them to pete_holden@yahoo.com . an also did oyu have to do any major modifications in order to get the rims to fit?
        thanks for the feedback guys
        peter

Comment

Here are links to a few shots of my bike. The wheels, front end, brakes, and exhaust all came off of a GSXR. The exhaust is a Yosh Duplex. They run close to a grand but I got mine off of Ebay for about $250. The carbs are Mikuni RS flatslides with accelerator pumps that I bought new. For the money these carbs are probably the quickest, easiest way to gain more power. Check the Performance Mods section for posts by Swanny and Gerry. You'll get just about all the info you need on the suspension mods.

Comment

billy
            thats a beautiful bike man and that is exactly the look i want. i was just wonderin tho, can your bike wheelie without having to slip the clutch?

Comment

Pete,
              Thanks for the compliment. With the GSXR front end the weight is biased more to the front so wheelies are tough. With the carb and pipe combo I've got the powerband shifted up higher so that makes wheelies even tougher. I've never been big on wheelies with this bike the way I used to be with two-strokes. Wheelies and spinning tires don't get you from point A to B as fast as controlling your launch.

Comment

Working...
              X