ape hangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ape hangers

anyone know how many inch rise a 1982 gs 650 GL will handle without changing throttle cable, fron brake cable...etc?
    I would like 8 inch...but dont know if its possible

ape hangers

Man has evolved, don't hang like an ape. The closer the bars the better handling, for me anyway ?????????

Comment

I know, but I like the old school look

Comment

whack on a pair of clipons and rear sets.....talking about old school

Comment

Originally posted by joe.d
          whack on a pair of clipons and rear sets.....talking about old school
          That's my old alma mater too... :twisted:

Robben

Comment

Can't get the 'old school' chopper look with an '82 650GL no matter what you do - sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny
              Can't get the 'old school' chopper look with an '82 650GL no matter what you do - sorry.
              More chance of that than making it some sort of cafe racer wannabe. 8)
              Kevin
              E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
              "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
              Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Hmmm... no idea if anyone makes long cables for a suzuki, you might have better luck going to the local cycle salvage and crossfitting cables (and assemblies) off later bikes with taller bars. I think stock is a good way to stay, easier to get what you need to stay on the road. But, where there's a will there's a way. Riders will always argue about what is correct and what works best, but originality can happen anywhere. Even on a GS! Check this guy out- http://www.redneckcycles.co.uk/ His shop is closed but the website remains. -Joe in Boise

Comment

I put drag style bars on my gs1150 and had to go to a gs1000 clutch cable....
                  the gs1100L has ridulously long cables you could have a look

Comment

ape hangars

opinions like the love of a good woman and a sound motorcycle are in a constant state of flux. today i have a good woman and am working on getting a sound motorcycle but we seem to be addressing two subjects here;
                    1: ape hangars as an appearence item.

2: ape hangars as a tool of comfort for the long ride.

they made my bsa look awsome, they made me tired. so what will it be?
                    there are so many issues involved when passion hovers over . good luck on your choice brother.

Comment

Hmmm...what does not kill us makes us stronger. I don't have apehangers, but those who do have arms of steel. Everyone admires strength, especially a good woman. Food for thought -Joe in Boise

Comment

Hmmm...what does not kill us makes us stronger.
                        There are lots of ways to get stronger. I don't want to look stupid getting there.

Comment

thanks a lot....nice to know my style is stupid!

Comment

That's just my opinion of course. Nothing personal. I didn't say you were stupid - there is a difference. Notice the smiley.

Comment

thats fine, next time you post about something that you like, I will call it stupid, but dont be offended because I will put a smiley.

Comment

Working...
                              X