Travelcade double bucket (easy chair) seat kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Travelcade double bucket (easy chair) seat kit

This seat kit is available from Travelcade/saddlemen http://www.saddlemen.com/, J.C. Whitney, Dennis Kirk http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/common...jsp?Store=Main , and other sources. I bought mine from Dennis Kirk for $120.00. My old seat was shot and rapidly cracking and falling apart and I had originally planned on sending it to Sergeant if the weather got to bad to ride in over the winter. I have had Sergeant do seats for me before and was always pleased with the work but their turn around time is a month now rather than the two week turn around that they used to have. I guess a lot more people have discovered them so they have a longer turn around. So I procrastinated, and thought I could pick up another seat pan to send to them but I couldn't find one in very good shape and finally needed to do something. I ordered the Travelcade as a quick fix. I ordered from Dennis Kirk rather than Whitney because of past experiences and knew that I would get the seat a lot quicker and the price would be about the same as shipping was free from Dennis Kirk as my ordered was over the amount you needed to get free shipping.

I put the seat on the old pan after stripping off the old cover and foam. I read the instructions and as it told me to ensure I stretch the seat cover out to install it I think I over did it because I ended up with a small tear in the material on the front right edge of the seat other than that I had no problem getting the cover on.

My initial impression was that it was better than stock but not really that good. Then I rode the bike from here to LaGrande, Oregon in one shot. That was over 1000 miles and because I knew I was going long distance I paid attention to keeping things out of my back pockets and shifted my position frequently. The seat was actually very good and I did the ride with out any problems from the seat.

For the price the seat kit is hard to beat and a good value. I don't know how long it will last because of the botched installation but if the rest of the cover lasts for a while with no problems from exposure to the sun I'll probably replace it with another one.

Mike
Working...
X