Nelson-Rigg - DC500 Dust Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nelson-Rigg - DC500 Dust Cover

I just recieved my new motorcycle dust cover, another fine product fron Nelson-Rigg. XL fits my GS well, with coverage right down to the floor. It is made from a breathable poly-cotton and has the company logo on it. It is a perfct cover for every day use during riding season, and is machine washable.

Very affordable to, $40 - $60 CDN depending on size.

Perfect indoor cover.

Andre

I got the Falcon Defender model earlier this year. DF-600
    Nice cover, has grommets to connect it under the bike with
    the bungy cord built in.
    Has the heat panels along the bottom. It has a cotton panel the lines up with the windshield.
    I have a "large" size, fits my S snug.
    So far no rips,tears or problems.
    It has been thru some abuse from the weather here in the northeast,
    high winds and heavy rain.
    I'd reccomend it as a good product
    Keith
    -------------------------------------------
    1980 GS1000S, blue and white
    2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

I'm now on my second one...burned the first one badly putting in on too soon. I use it a lot less, now that I've found how vulnerable they are to hot pipes and engines...

Comment

Originally posted by KGB
        I got the Falcon Defender model earlier this year. DF-600
        Nice cover, has grommets to connect it under the bike with
        the bungy cord built in.
        Has the heat panels along the bottom. It has a cotton panel the lines up with the windshield.
        I have a "large" size, fits my S snug.
        So far no rips,tears or problems.
        It has been thru some abuse from the weather here in the northeast,
        high winds and heavy rain.
        I'd reccomend it as a good product
        Do you have anything like a luggage rack, windshield, or bags on your bike and what model/year is your S.

I was thinking about getting one of these and have a 1981 GS750L with a windshield and luggage rack. I was think the extra large size would work but I don't know anyone who has one to actually see how the sizes run. Just wondered what you thought about my choice in sizes.

Mike

Comment

Mike,
          No luggage rack or saddle bags.
          Just a 1980 S model
          It's held up pretty well this year, lots of rain
          It has started to fade somewhat
          Might call about warranty
          Keith
          -------------------------------------------
          1980 GS1000S, blue and white
          2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

I have the Canadian Tire bike cover- it's fine, but it has faded in the sun. Although now I don't use it because I have a garage.
            I must comment on the Nelson Riggs stuff. I have a set of N-R soft saddlebags which I 've owned for at least 15 years and 6 or 7 bikes. They have been through all sorts of weather and temperature, sun exposure and everything else the Canadian environment can throw at them, I've stuffed them to the point where I thought the zipper would rip open, and they still look as good as new. No fading, no rips, nothing wrong with them. Can't say enough good things about them.

Comment

Cruzuki: How much trouble is it putting those bags on your bike? My Joe Rocket bags are a pain to put on properly and they sag a whole lot when completely stuffed.

Steve

Comment

Srivett, they just go over the seat with 2 wide velcro straps, although they can be more permanently affixed by running the straps under your seat. They also have loops at the front bottom corner to attach to passenger pegs or any other convenient anchor point. I cut off those straps & sewed a metal ring to the lower corner, then I use a carabiner or bugee to hold them down, but I usually never bother. They stay put, & I've had 'em loaded to bursting on long, fast freeway rides. I also installed saddlebag supports, but I'd need those for any type of bag on my Marauder. I don't need the supports on the GS550, because of the tall, straight sides of the seat, and I did use these bags on my old GS 1150 & GS750 without supports. (Check clearance with rear wheel/chain.)
                There are stiff plastic panels sewn into the back & front to keep the shape.
                Like I said, I've had these for many years, no sagging, no fading in the sun, they don't even seem to get dirty & they have a fair degree of water-repellancy. They don't match my black & chrome cruiser, but I don't care- they work, & I'm not a leather & studs type of guy!!
                Go onto Nelson-Riggs website.

Comment

Working...
                X