Dynatek tech support & Murdoch Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dynatek tech support & Murdoch Racing

There's always the good and the bad. This past sunday, I was out riding in the Everglades about 30 miles from the nearest nothing when the ignitor box on the 1150 decided to call it a day. One second, everything was fine, ten seconds later, the box was toast. Traffic was nonexistant and it was about an hour before a pick up truck came along and I could hitch a ride. (there's no cell phone coverage in this area either heh heh ) Anyhow, it took about 6 hours to get home, grab my truck and trailer, pick up the bike and cart it back to my shop. After verifying the problem was the ignitor box, I called the local Suzuki dealer and he gave me a price of $475 for a new one with delivery in 2-3 weeks. I then called Dyna and spoke with them about their 2000 system. (the 1150E does not have and cannot be fitted with a mechanical advancer allowing it to use a "S" system) Raymond at Dyna (California) was VERY helpful and gave me the 800 number to Murdoch Racing in Clearwater Fl. to expedite delivery. The rep at Murdoch was great to deal with also and after a couple of funny dog stories and some razzing, I had her laughing so much she could barely talk and take down my order information. After checking inventory on the computer, she had me hold and went to the stock room to be certain that what I wanted was actually there. I called back about an hour later to verify that all was well and she had "pulled" the item, boxed it herself and made the call to UPS. She also said a little humor had made her day and she was giving me a discount and I would have it tomorrow. :-) :-)
    The people at Dyna and Murdoch turned a real problem into nothing more than an annoyance. They were a pleasure to deal with.

Earl
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Didnt Dom post pictures of his visit to Murdoch Racing earlier this year ?
    When he needed a new Rotor i think,
    John.

Comment

Now that you mention it, I do believe you're right. :-)

Earl

Originally posted by wrench
      Didnt Dom post pictures of his visit to Murdoch Racing earlier this year ?
      When he needed a new Rotor i think,
      John.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Good for you, Earl

You have been so helpful, so informative, so often, to so many here on the GSR. The good words and deeds recently done for you by Dyna and Murdoch are an example of the proverbial saying: "what goes around, comes around" in life.

You have certainly earned and deserve a good deed and many more coming your way, in return for your many good deeds done elsewhere in life. And you got a good break on the price to boot!

Congrats for a happy ending, to what could have been a miserable (and expensive) day.

Comment

I did this page when i was using cable modem -it loads slowly but this is the lady you spoke to Earl.

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Comment

Originally posted by slowpokey
            I did this page when i was using cable modem -it loads slowly but this is the lady you spoke to Earl.

http://www.geocities.com/slowpoke59d...ochRacing.html
            Now you've done it Dom

Earl is gonna find something else to order and he will want to pick it up personally 8O :twisted:

But I am glad you was able to get the right person on the end of the phone Earl who obviously knew her job I was wondering about something though Earl Did you tell the lady that the part you needed was for a "Teddy Bear" :twisted:

Comment

I'm afraid I didnt mention Teddy Bears Jean as I'm pretty sure the young lady thought I had a screw loose and that would only have confirmed it. :-)
              I may be taking a ride to Murdoch Racing soon. Just thinking is sould er ahhh ummm....look around......y'know, see if I sees anything I likes. :-) :-) :-)
              I just love motorcycle accessories...........and blondes ARE a motorcycle accessory. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by WifeofDink
              But I am glad you was able to get the right person on the end of the phone Earl who obviously knew her job I was wondering about something though Earl Did you tell the lady that the part you needed was for a "Teddy Bear" :twisted:

Comment

See how quickly what went around came around? Last week you saved my electrical system (with the Cycle-Re-Cycle tip) and this week the "gods of parts acquisition" smiled back in your direction! Glad to hear it worked out Pal!

8)

Comment

Everything has worked out beautiful. I finished installing and timing the Dyna2000 system about 30 minutes ago and the bike is all buttoned up ready for a test ride in the morning. I really like the design of the system because it has a built in test function, adjustable advance curves mixable with retard curves and end point crank angle limits with a choice of linear or exponential advance. It also has a rev limit set function along with an anti theft ignition lockout and single and dual impulse electronic tach drive options. Its a GREAT! electronic ignition system and product support is wonderful. heh heh heh The Teddy Bear is BACK! :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Planecrazy
                  See how quickly what went around came around? Last week you saved my electrical system (with the Cycle-Re-Cycle tip) and this week the "gods of parts acquisition" smiled back in your direction! Glad to hear it worked out Pal!

8)

Comment

Working...
                  X