custom made parts!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

custom made parts!!

good site, you can design your own part and order it from them http://www.emachineshop.com/

Britman - thanks for the link. I have a few parts that I'm going to try this out on. I worked on an exhaust flange last night until 3:30 AM. I got the top view completed without any major difficulties. Specifying a matererial is giving me some problems though. I need some mild steel about 1/4" thick and it won't give me any selection. I think I have some settings wring in other places. I'll keep plugging away until I stumble on it.

Thanks again.

Comment

Great link, I have a few ideas I've wanted to know how much it would cost to create them. Unfortunatly they still want money to do work. :roll:

Comment

Yes, they still want money. I finished out 2 different designs so far and each one will run a little over $100. If you order 1 or 10, the total price doesn't go up much, the per unit price just decreases. Of course, these are small parts, so there isn't much material involved. What you need to make this feasable is a spreading of the cost - more people who would like to use your design.

Comment

What do your exhaust flanges look like? I made a set to mate a bandit pipe onto a GS1150. They worked well.

Kevan

Comment

Hmm, I have a .ems file that I could send you. If you have the program from above, then you could look at them. That would be the best method I would guess.

What kind of problems did you run into on the Bandit pipe? Is the exhaust spacing correct? If you made new flanges, is the bolt spacing for the flanges incorrect on the Bandit pipe? Got any pics? Any info is appreciated.

Comment

Re: custom made parts!!

Originally posted by britman
              good site, you can design your own part and order it from them http://www.emachineshop.com/
              Thanks a lot for the info. I really could have used this site about a year ago when I had to come up with a design and get some parts made to mount a kick starter on a Fantic.

I'm sure it will be useful for future projects.

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X