JEMES, NM. "ENCOUNTER"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JEMES, NM. "ENCOUNTER"

I HAD A WONDERFUL 'SPUR OF THE MOMENT' TRIP THE PAST 3 DAYS...

.......AND QUITE AN ENCOUNTER......

While visiting with my sister in Albuquerque, this weekend, I decided to take up an offer from a fellow "GSer", Mike Dole from Jemez...a small town in the mountains, on a creek, little over an hour north of Albuq. The scenery and twisties were fantastic, and my sister, Barb 59, loves "putting the petal to the medal"...The leaves along the creek were turning all shades of yellow and gold and it was an incredible site amongst the large rock walls the road entertwined. Mike invited us to come and meet him and his family for dinner there, in a resturant, where his 17 year old son is the chef.

We decided to go on Sunday, and had a wonderful trip through that breathtaking country. Although, we were only in a 2004, fully loaded Suburban, and not on a bike... we sure were having a lot of fun, for two old broads, on the road.....

When we told my sister's husband we were going to meet some biker people in Jemez, he said, "Well, at least I know where to look for you, if you don't come back!!"... We laughed and made jokes about it all the way to the resturant. The jokes included:

"Well, Honey,...It didn'tget bad until they brought out the handcuffs..."

"We weren't worried until they started cooking up that stuff in a spoon..."

"You know, being gang raped isn't so bad............when you're drunk..."

We stopped at pottery shops, antique stores, a winery and a bed and breakfast. Every shop owner we talked to knew Mike Dole and HIS WHOLE FAMILY !!! They couldn't speak highly enough of them. I learned more about Mike from the people in town, than Mike himself!.....
    For instance: His son Marty works part time at the winery, and at just 17 years of age, not only excells in school, but is a highly respected chef at one of the best resturants in town....AND THAT'S WHERE WE WERE HEADED...

We arrived at this quaint little Italian Resturant , "Consetta's" at about 5pm. Mike, his personality-plus wife, Vonada, son Marty and daughter Carrie (a gifted art student) arrived shortly thereafter. We visited and ordered dinner. Shortly after that the lady who owns the bed and breakfast showed up and joined us...Minutes later, a lady who owned one of the antique shops showed up and joined us...What a riot...Well, you'd have thought it was a 'family reunion' (sound familiar from another thread?).... We all got along so well...laughing and joking... my sister and I had the time of our life. It should be mentioned that my sister is FAR from a biker and did not know what to expect. She's a very well respected business woman in Old Town Albuquerque. She has a fabulous shop with Indian jewely and Indian artifacts..She is TRADER BARB.

It was truly a heart-warming experience...an ENCOUNTER that I will never forget...

THANKS MIKE...FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY, AND MY SISTER'S HEART...

Peppermint Patti 8)

ps. I have a couple pictures if someone can help me get them up.

We enjoyed meeting you and you're sister as well.

I just had to meet a drag racing "Granny". I hadn't met one before and I only know two girls that drag race and on does super stock and the other AA gas. They have to be shoehorned into the things they race rather than riding on them.

This is also the first person on the GS Resources that I have met in person.

Mike

Comment

Same goes for me Mike, You're the first person I ever met , from resources....but, I remember 'connecing' with you on a prior post...I can't even remember what the post was about...but, I remembered YOU.

If our meeting was any indication of what we can expect, when we meet other members....well....WOW !!!

Hope you weren't offended that I didn't get your OK for the story before I posted it...I didn't think of it till I "pushed the button" (My boyfriend calls me a 'button-pusher', because often, I am impatient and push buttons too
      quickly.)

Your family looks good in my pictures...I'll get them up somehow.....

pmint 8)

Comment

Mike, I am envious of you for getting to meet FAST PATTI and her sister. Wish I had been there. Maybe someday. :roll: :roll:

David

Comment

I hope that niether one of you got the wrong impression og the GS folks
          BTW I posted 2 photos of the new mexico visit in the general forum

Comment

OK...this is reeeeeaaaaallllllyyyyy WIERD !!!

I was going over my pictures last night, after I posted "ENCOUNTERS'...
            Little did I know, what I had really ENCOUNTERED !!!! 8O 8O 8O

This is even too WIERD for Peppermint.... 8O 8O 8O

First, you need a little background: Mike's son Marty (17) was taught by a wonderful Italian man, LUIGI, everything about cooking at Concetta's resturant, in Jemez (Italian flare)... LUIGE died last year and was very close to Mary, Mike, Vonda and Carrie.....

There appears to be some sort of STRANGE 8O 8O 8O APPARITION, in two of the pics....
            ...I AM TRULY WIERDED OUT....I am SOOOO positive that nothing was in front of my lense when I snapped this !!!!!

David agreed to help me post these flicks....

WHATDA YOU GUYS THINK ???????

pmint 8)

Comment

Here's the link on Suzuki GS Garage

Store photos and docs online. Access them from any PC, Mac or phone. Create and work together on Word, Excel or PowerPoint documents.

David

Comment

Thank you so much David!!

WHAT A GUY !!! :roll:

pmint 8)

Comment

[quote="Peppermint Patti"]Thank you so much David!!

WHAT A GUY !!! :roll:

pmint 8)[/quote

HA--What a GAL 8O 8O :roll: :roll:

David

Comment

Originally posted by Peppermint Patti

There appears to be some sort of STRANGE 8O 8O 8O APPARITION, in two of the pics....
                    ...I AM TRULY WEIRDED OUT....I am SOOOO positive that nothing was in front of my lense when I snapped this !!!!!

WHATDA YOU GUYS THINK ???????

pmint 8)
                    That is not a ghost, sorry, that is the wrist strap on your camera, it is sticking up in the way. been there done that.

Comment

Whew...hope you're right 8O ...but the strap is black.... :?
                      and I really think I had it in my hand....maybe not...some things are better left alone...anyway... 8O

pmint 8)

Comment

Yup wrist strap and a FLASH will do this

Done it a few times........
                        Keith
                        -------------------------------------------
                        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

After careful examination of the wrist strap, I am now positive that's what it was...(This error can be explained... ) I ran out of my medication that curtails halicunations.... 8O
                          Thanks you guys...Looks like I won't be checking myself into the nuthouse RIGHT AWAY... 8O

pmint 8)

Comment

Originally posted by Peppermint Patti
                            After careful examination of the wrist strap, I am now positive that's what it was...(This error can be explained... ) I ran out of my medication that curtails halicunations.... 8O
                            Thanks you guys...Looks like I won't be checking myself into the nuthouse RIGHT AWAY... 8O

pmint 8)
                            Well if your checking out of the nuthouse we'll miss you.

Mike

Comment

Sooo Mike you live somewhere between Lucy and silio but no jemez?? Which side of the tracks??
                              how about a map if you can find one for me Mike.

Comment

Working...
                              X