Got my new Ikons....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my new Ikons....

And I'm very pleased with them so far. Although I've only ridden about 10 miles with them they feel fantastic. I would recommend them to anyone who likes to ride the twisties but doesn't want a "race suspension" on your daily ride. They are stiff without being too hard. Compression feels good, and rebound is adjustable (something you don't get with progressives) :P ...

I am 270 pounds and carry 10-15 pounds regularly on my 81 750E. I have stock wheels and swingarm. I am running a bridgestone spitfire up front with a metzeler ME55 with NO tube out back. I have the Ikons set on the lowest preload perch and #2 rebound setting. This seems great for commuting. I will try #3 setting as soon as I can get to my favorite twisty road. I can already tell that I am going to have to pull my center stand to avoid touchdowns..... :twisted:

Just an update.

I have had them for a couple of weeks now just commuting, and the springs are breaking in nicely. I carried a passenger yesterday (another big guy @240 lbs) I did not experience any bottoming at all despite the fact that the springs are set on the lowest preload. It sat low in the rear but did not touch down once over some pretty rough pavement. If I kicked up the spring preload I think it would have ridden very level.

I am very happy and satisfied with this purchase.

BTW, I purchased them at http://www.eurotechmotorsports.com/

The price of the item includes shipping which is a very nice feature from a website.

Comment

Working...
    X