RAIN-X ANTI-FOG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAIN-X ANTI-FOG

Winter riding is kinda tough. My least favorite peev is a fogged face shield. RAIN-X has the cure. I bought some ANTI-FOG at my local Wal-Mart for around $2. Tried it today while riding the ol' GS. It flat works! I even closed all the vents on my HJC to force it to fog. It wouldn't. Application is a breeze. Put a little of the liquid on something cotton or a paper towel and give the shield a quick wipe. That's it! Good AND cheap. What could be better?

Does it say it's safe for plastics?
    I think the regular "Rain-X" is unsafe on bike face shields.

Comment

Originally posted by dwarf8
      Does it say it's safe for plastics?
      I think the regular "Rain-X" is unsafe on bike face shields.
      Regular Rain-X isn't an anti-fog either (but it's amazing on glass windshields!) -- don't have the anti-fog product but if it works anything like the regular stuff then it's like magic!

Steve 8)

Comment

Gettin me some of that...

Comment

I was wondering about that. Fogged windsheild is about the worse problem I have riding in the cold right now.

A friend at work recommend something called Plexis.

Thanks for the advice.

Terry

Comment

I tried some Choko anti-fog and it isn't very good. It wears off after a few days and doesn't comletely prevent fogging up on cool days (definately doesn't prevent freezing up). It's a shame it's made in Canada.

Steve

Comment

Just tried the Rain-X fog stuff and it turns out you do not want to put it on the outside of your visor. The rain smears when you try to whipe it off with your glove and it's hard to see through.

Steve

Comment

ive used it in my snowmobile helmet for a few years and NOTHING works better .Mark

Comment

I use and recommend regular Rain-x for the outside of any visor, no harm to a plstic with two years continous use, I also the Anti-fog Rain-x and it is very good but needs reapplication every few days, DO NOT use either product in place of the other regular Rain-x on the inside of the visor causes a white out, and the anti-fog causes smears on the exterior of the visor.
                  Dink

Comment

Plexus is a really good plastic polish. Cleans a visor very nicely and seems to remove or cover up fine scratches. It is not an an fog treatment, but does bead up rain, but not as much as rainX.

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
                      Just tried the Rain-X fog stuff and it turns out you do not want to put it on the outside of your visor. The rain smears when you try to whipe it off with your glove and it's hard to see through.

Steve
                      I usualy get fog on the inside of my shield.

Why would you put it on the outside whern the fog is on the inside?
                      Keith
                      -------------------------------------------
                      1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                      2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

I was watching a hockey game while putting it on so I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. 8)

Steve

Comment

Rain-X

Tried Rain-X on the windows (fronts were Lexan, sides were plexiglass sliders over safety glass sliders, rest were safety glass) when I was still commercial fishing. It worked well but had to be reapplied daily. Regular auto wax lasted longer. I think the Rain-X didn't like the salt in the water, especially if it was a rare warm-ish day with the sun drying the salt spray and corming salt residue on the window surface.

Have used auto wax on my bike helmet face shields and it works as good as Rain-X. Cheaper too.

Comment

Working...
                          X