Corbin seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corbin seats

I just received a reply from Corbin. I inquired about seats for the 80-81 GS1100. They thanked me for the request and said that they did not make them for that year only the 82-83. Might be nice if we lobbied them to start out making them for us. I am finding it very hard to find a good used seat out here in the Seattle area. They have a very good product and we should be able to tap into this source.

Re: Corbin seats

Originally posted by Paul J. Kelley Sr.
    I just received a reply from Corbin. I inquired about seats for the 80-81 GS1100. They thanked me for the request and said that they did not make them for that year only the 82-83. Might be nice if we lobbied them to start out making them for us. I am finding it very hard to find a good used seat out here in the Seattle area. They have a very good product and we should be able to tap into this source.
    I would like one too...my only concern would be the cost. They would run for $300-$400 easily...

Hap

Comment

I checked the catalogs for availability when I bought my '81, too. I don't think Corbin are likely to gear-up production for the few remaining bikes worthy of an expensive replacement seat. Regardless, my original seat is very comfortable (as long as it holds up). When it dies, I'm going to have it redone by Sargent Cycle Seats. They seem the most professional and caring bunch doing seats for vintage bikes.

Comment

I had Sargent recover my 550's seat and they really did a nice job. Quick turn around too, took about a week. Cost was reasonable, about $110 which included griptex vinyl, five years or so ago. I would use their service again.

Comment

Working...
        X