Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Blue Away"- for removing blueing on headers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Blue Away"- for removing blueing on headers.

I tried this stuff. Works quickly and easily on removing the blue. It does'nt do much to remove any "golding". Maybe if I kept on rubbing it may have had more effect on the golding but I doubt it. It does'nt claim to remove golding. It does dull the chrome slightly. I followed it with some chrome polish, came out pretty good.
    It did'nt make the header look like new but it was an obvious improvement. $12.95 (U.S.) for a 2.5 oz bottle. You don't use much, so you can do a lot of headers. Charge each of your buddies about $3 and you'll make a profit :twisted: .
    On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 10 for removing the blue, an 8.5 for overall improvement.
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Had me excited until you mentioned it dulls the chrome a bit. Not sure i want to risk that. I have been looking for a good product to remove the blueing and golding though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
      Had me excited until you mentioned it dulls the chrome a bit. Not sure i want to risk that. I have been looking for a good product to remove the blueing and golding though.
      Wont plain chome polish do it??

Comment

Scotty, I tried two brands of chrome polish. I rubbed like the dickens on one particular spot and it did'nt remove any blue or gold.
        Hoomgar, it does'nt dull the chrome very much. Keep in mind the area you are treating is already discolored, even after the blue disappears. There's a slight reduction in shine but overall the headers look much better.
        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Blue pipes

The blueing of the pipes is a natural occurance, why would you want to mess with nature....it looks OK to me.

Comment

Re: Blue pipes

Originally posted by Craig
            The blueing of the pipes is a natural occurance, why would you want to mess with nature....it looks OK to me.
            LMAO!!

Van

Comment

OK. Headers and nature. Don't mess with 'em.

Comment

Best way is to put on painted headers..repaint every few oil changes whatever colour takes your fancy. I have had blue and black so far..and that rusy colour if you can't be bothered for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke
                  Originally posted by Hoomgar
                  Wont plain chome polish do it??
                  I have some really old and really good silver chrome polish and it will make it shine like the noon day sun Scotty but the discoloration basically stays. Other chrome polishes I have and have tried don't even come close to this stuff.

Comment

Working...
                  X