National Cycle fairing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

National Cycle fairing

Just wanted to tell you about the fairing I picked up for my wifes 850.
    I went to a small shop Id' been dealing with shopping for fairings, they recommended a National Fairing, asked for the application, ordered it......picked it up found it wrapped excessively to prevent scratching!
    While the mounting bracket seemed overbuilt it was easy to decipher their intentions. The fairing itself is WAY strong, fully clear with no distortion & it looks like it could stop a bullet.......really pleased with it!
    Good going National cycle!
    Rick..............

Do you have a link for it? picture maybe?

Comment

Fairings

Originally posted by robinjo
      Do you have a link for it? picture maybe?
      I'll get a picture with my newly found digital camera & I'd bet a search engine would pull up National Cycles main page.
      Rick..........

Comment

fairing

I have a national cycle plexifairing III. I bought it for around $170. I love it, great full body coverage from the elements! It fits nicely on my '82 GS650!

Comment

I picked up a National Cycle Deflector Screen on eBay for my 1100 and love it. Fits great and really takes alot of wind off you.
          [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XAAAAH4b*Ak00oNDVszvtbrfoZ897JE0FFaRR6YLmd43ogU0J x3oXftm1536fIk!84ZtZF1IjPuMwml1k5mKF5A!6qt3gcnOg64 N1cV454ZiVBRlqXIWeErMQ340059wyium8s60tWM/Suzi%20new%20photos%20002.jpg?dc=46754636928720967 74[/img]
          Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
          2000 Kawasaki Concours
          Please wear ATGATT

Comment

i have the same screen in the work bench...couldn't fit it on my 650....did you have any issues attaching it ??

Comment

Originally posted by crag antler
              I picked up a National Cycle Deflector Screen on eBay for my 1100 and love it. Fits great and really takes alot of wind off you.
              [img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0XAAAAH4b*Ak00oNDVszvtbrfoZ897JE0FFaRR6YLmd43ogU0J x3oXftm1536fIk!84ZtZF1IjPuMwml1k5mKF5A!6qt3gcnOg64 N1cV454ZiVBRlqXIWeErMQ340059wyium8s60tWM/Suzi%20new%20photos%20002.jpg?dc=46754636928720967 74[/img]
              Now that's purdy.

I was looking for a sheild about that size when I had an 1100EZ 10 years ago. Wish I'd have found those. (Also wish I'd kept the 1100, for that matter. Stupid, stupid man. )

Comment

I wish I had a round headlight!

Comment

Originally posted by dietcokeking
                  Nothing stopping you from putting one on

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                    Heresy! I bought this bike in original showroom condition, with 15,000km two years ago. I couldn't bring myself to mod a classic. I love the way the bike looks, but that unusual instrument pod precludes almost all the univeral type windshields.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
                      Heresy! I bought this bike in original showroom condition, with 15,000km two years ago. I couldn't bring myself to mod a classic. I love the way the bike looks, but that unusual instrument pod precludes almost all the univeral type windshields.

Ahh ha! Well I fully understand and respect that. The solution is obvious then.... you need another bike to compliment your collection and give you a round headlight!

Comment

Gotta love the BIG 8 inch headlight :twisted: :twisted:
                        But ,you can get some nice looking "bikini/cafe" fairings for square headlighted bikes. Don't ever change the look of your light , just for a windshield. Too much of a classic look :twisted:

For the other question. Had no mounting issues. Went right on. Works great at all speeds. At least those I'm willing to go to. 8O :x :roll:
                        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
                        2000 Kawasaki Concours
                        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

Just re wireing the healight and its contents would stop me cold. It is amazing how much stuff is behind the headlamp. when I was swapping my signal lights for smaller ones i was shocked. I had actually considered switching to dual headlamps till i saw the mess in there.

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke
                            Just re wireing the healight and its contents would stop me cold. It is amazing how much stuff is behind the headlamp. when I was swapping my signal lights for smaller ones i was shocked. I had actually considered switching to dual headlamps till i saw the mess in there.
                            It can be intimidating can't it? I was the same way when I tore down my GS for rebuild but it had to be done so I simply labeled everything so I can't go wrong. x goes to x - y goes to y etc... etc...

Comment

Working...
                            X