LED flashlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED flashlights

Rider magazine recently did an article on LED flashlights. A model they missed is the CMG Ultra Infinity Task Light. I have been using one of these for a couple of years now and I literally don't leave home without it. It's powered by a single AA battery, which means an inexpensive power supply is available from any convenience store world wide. It easily fits in a pocket. Shoots a 25 foot beam and will burn at peak power for over 10 hours and emit usable light for a day or so. The 'bulb', diode, won't burn out and the light has no switch to break; simply tighten the head to make contact and complete the circuit. Got mine from Campmor for about $23 USD. www.campmor.com www.cmgequipment.com You have no idea how handy this light is till you start carrying it! Note: You can find the 'Original' task light at half price but it is at least half as bright, too. IMHO spring for the $23 Ultra it's worth the extra money. Also CMG is really great to work with and stands behind their products. Limited lifetime warranty on this light!

Yeah that looks pretty spiffy. To have a light that looks where you are looking is the key when your on your back with a tool in one hand and a part in the other. Thanks for the info on this one Jim.

Comment

For a well working flashlight check out the Inova 24/7 flashlight. While it isn't cheap, is is small, waterproof and is multifunction. I use it when flying at night and it works great. Check it out at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...sporting-goods

--- Frank ---

Comment

I recently purchased a twinpack of revolving strobe LED lights at Sam's Club for $10. They were originally listed for $25, and they're designed to be used like flares if you have to pull over to the roadside. I figured for ten bucks I'd toss one in each car.

I also have owned a 10 LED Lightwave 4000 flashlight for several years that uses three D-cells. It is blindingly bright and is capable of running for an entire month continuously without battery change or significant loss of brightness! It's waterproof to one foot (so a rainstorm won't hurt it) and it's completely rubber coated. Originally it was $60 but www.HeartlandAmerica.com sells "customer returned" units for $40, and there are several other smaller models that are nearly as bright.

The only thing I'd like to see is an LED light that allows for a more intensely focused beam. So far there are few that do much better than my LW4000.

Enjoy!
        Steve 8)

Comment

Won 2 of these on ebay!!
          The most versatile flashlight I've ever owned.
          Can be operated with 3 or 6 LED's
          a krypton bulb or a cold cathode tube lantern.
          Very high tech!

Mo

Comment

Working...
          X