Destination Highways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Destination Highways

I bought an excellent book called "Destination Highways" by Brian Bosworth and Michael Sanders. It is written by motorcyclists for motorcyclists. It covers darn near every road in the province and rates them for motorcycle suitability.

Just last spring we took a trip to see my father-in-law in Trail, BC, and took some of the reccommended roads in the book. WOW! Am I glad I bought this book! Lots of twisties and low traffic on some of the roads! It sure blew some of the cobwebs out being able to blast along with nary a care,(or car).

These guys also have a book on Washington State too. I highly reccommend this book for anyone doing any bike trips in Washington or British Columbia.
    Kevin
    E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
    "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
    Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

do they have the same for the states?

Comment

Originally posted by Don Watson
      do they have the same for the states?
      As far as I know, just Washington State. 8)
      Kevin
      E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
      "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
      Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Try this one

Seemed pretty accurate for the New England region.
        I haven't made it out west yet..............
        Keith
        -------------------------------------------
        1980 GS1000S, blue and white
        2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Destination Highways

You can find out more about either DH book (plus upcoming titles) at:
          Destination Highways BC is the most comprehensive guidebook ever produced for the motorcycle enthusiast ...journey on!

SV

Comment

DH is a great book, they rated the favorites rides in my area as number 1, 2 and 5. Good to see a new member (sv650) from my area. Got my GS1000 up to snuff now and looking for a place to go on June 26. DH1 & DH5 sounds like something to do. If you're interested in a ride let me know.
            '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Working...
            X