Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campmor

Campmor www.campmor.com

Spring is near and hope springs eternal. (er something like that) But anyway, there have been some questions on the GS Resources and other bike forums lately about camping. Campmor is a good source for bike camping gear because they specialize in a lot of backpacking gear. And smaller and lighter works as well on your bike as it does on your back! Their selection of gear is good, pricing is moderate, service is excellent and you'll get an updated catalog by mail, frequently. In the backpacking world the catalog is highly acclaimed because it includes actual product weight. (take care of the ounces and the pounds take care of themselves) That can help you choose your supplies. A note. Sometimes your local Wallyworld will have a good supply of Coghlans brand gear. If you plan to order on line or by mail from Campmor or any other outfitter you might check Wal Mart first, it could save a buck here or there. Of course that means you have to interact on a personal level with the Wal Martians...only you can can decide if the savings is worth it!!! 8O 8O

I do a lot of both canoe tripping and motorcyle camping, so I always buy gear with both uses in mind- light weight, compact (read $$$$$)! In Canada we have Mountain Equipment Coop which can be pricey, but they have good quality and selection.

Comment

Are there any stores in Canada that sell good tents at a fair price? We're paying close to double what people in the US pay for The North Face tents.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
        Are there any stores in Canada that sell good tents at a fair price? We're paying close to double what people in the US pay for The North Face tents.

Steve
        Steve could i buy something for you and ship it to Canada??

Comment

Hey, Srivett, try Tent City on Steeles Ave/Dufferin in Toronto. I buy a lot of stuff there. I got a Kelty tent for half price 2 years ago and they beat MEC prices on most everything else. 905-660-6885.

Comment

Working...
          X