Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polishing aluminum emblems??

Hi!

Anyone have some tips or tricks to pass along on how to remove scratches from aluminum (pot metal?) Suzuki emblems? I have a pair of older Suzuki "S" emblems I want to use on a project and they both have some fine scratches on them. What's the best method to either get the scratches out or reduce them some?

Thanks,

Jim

Depends on how deep. Use various grades of rubbing compound to polish them

Comment

I would suggest the polishing compound instead of the rubbing compound.
      rubbing comp has very harsh abrasives for starting the smooting of paint rather than finnessing it.

Comment

I used some Mothers Aluminum polish on my left engine decal and it promptly removed the TSCC. The same can happen when polishing the wheels. In my opinion it is better to replace the decals considering the hours of menial labour you'll save by not polishing them.

Cheers, Steve

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
          I used some Mothers Aluminum polish on my left engine decal and it promptly removed the TSCC. The same can happen when polishing the wheels. In my opinion it is better to replace the decals considering the hours of menial labour you'll save by not polishing them.

Cheers, Steve
          If you can get them.... :?
          Kevin
          E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
          "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
          Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Working...
          X