*#&@* winshield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*#&@* winshield

Ok I was putting on my National Cycle street wind screen and I could not get the *#&&@# balls in the joints for the bar connectors. Now I can fix multimillion dollar naval missile launcher and robots all day but do you think I could get this little ball in that hole.....NO. So as my dear mother always said never force anything, get a bigger hammer. I took the windscreen in the kitchen placed it on a tea towel on the table got out the ol' vice grips and a heavy rag, snapped that vice grip on the peice with the ball on it and tried. You guessed it (no I didn't crack the shield) it still wouldn't go in so I sat down had a beer and thought. The instructions said no grease or oil but I'm in the kitchen looking at the sink. Bingo liquid dish soap. put a drop on the ball and SNAP, right in.
    Mounted, works. YAHOO!

I keep a bar of soap in the toolbox all the time.

Works very well when you are sewing your seat cover or other heavy material...rub the needle across the bar before inserting it into the material.

I use it mostly on wood items. It works extremely well on wood screws, especially if you are dealing with old and/or expensive furniture where you really don't want to take any unnecessary chance.

I helps greatly to reduce the risk of cracking the wood it, and also cuts down on the chances of stripping or breaking a screw.

It is also superb when working with inserts for lag bolts or other applications where there is a lot of torque used.
    "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
    Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
    X