fuel petcock repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fuel petcock repair

hey im new here and thought id post what I did to my fuel petcock to repair a bad vacuum diaphram, since the stealership could only get the entire petcock and not just the diaphram I took my old diapram and found a lawnmower diaphram that was similar in size and thickness that had a big enough area with no holes in it and bought 2 of em.

then I made my own using a leather punch to make the required holes.

to get the old one apart you need to file the outer end(the part the spring goes agains't) till its flush with the spacer the using plier twist it till it comes off. to put back together you need to center punch it again(support in a socket so you dont bend the oring end).

But does it work?
    You never said....

Dm of mD

Comment

You can also get a repair kit for $20-25 and do it properly

Comment

yes it does work. and I should write that up better at some point.

and I would have bought a repair kit if it was available but the local suzi dealer dosn't have a listing, I wasnt willing to shell out $110 for a complete new one when I could get away with leaving it on prime in order to run it when its not insured yet so I attempted to fix it knowing it would be fine if I screwed it up badly cause the worst that would happen is it would not open, at least it would seal up the fuel leak from the leaking vacuum diaphram

Comment

Working...
        X