Joe Rocket Atomic Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Rocket Atomic Jacket

I bought a new Jacket last weekend. My leather jacket had been repaired numerous times and I had been thinking about getting a textile jacket. My son has A Joe Rocket Reflex jacket that he really likes and wears year round.

I was at the junkyard that I frequent and noticed that they still had several Joe Rocket Jackets on a rack. Some of the tags were ripped off so I wasn't sure exactly which models I tried. The Reflex isn't made anymore so I gave up on finding one and I really liked the Ballistic 4.0 except for the colors of the ones they had, they were mostly a mix of really bright colors and I would have preferred a plain black. The only thing in my size in black was an Atomic Jacket that I though from looking at pictures was a Meteor but later determined that it was an Atomic. I got a pretty good price $125 after tax.

The jacket is about half the weight of my old leather jacket, has vents, and amour. I rode into work yesterday and it was about 33 when I left the house and the coldest part of the ride at higher was probably 10 degrees cooler. I was wearing thermals and a heavy Denim shirt but noticed my arms got colder than with the leather but my trunk was about the same.

I have a small windshield and it helps with the trunk temp. All in all the jacket is comfortable and I like it but it is a little light for these temperatures. It would probably be a good all rounder down to about 40 F.

It has three outside zippered pockets, and on inside vest pocket. It also has a vest pocket in the liner so you have a vest pocket with or with out the liner.

I'll post more when I get some experience with it in the heat. It should be much better than the leather jackets that I wore year round summer and winter that the only ventilation I could get was to un zip the cuffs so they bellowed out and by holding them just right I could get a blast of air up the sleeve, over my shoulder, and down my back.

Mike

Joe Rocket jacket

I got a Joe Rocket textile jacket recently. It's the Suzuki/Corona style, which is appropriate to my hobbies. I got it off eBay for $100 to my door.

One thing you mentioned is that you would like your jacket in black. I know that's classic, but I specifically wanted something bright like my yellow and white jacket that would stand out. The key is that I wanted to be seen on my bike at all times of the day.

Good luck and keep the shiny side up!!

Comment

After using the jacket for a few months it is definitely a better summer jacket than my leathers. It is a lot lighter weight and has armor so the protection should be about the same. It does a good job of handling light to moderate rain without soaking through.

On cool mornings it is a little light in the sleeves even with a long sleeve shirt.

Mike

Comment

Re: Joe Rocket jacket

Originally posted by dadandcoach
        I got a Joe Rocket textile jacket recently. It's the Suzuki/Corona style, which is appropriate to my hobbies. I got it off eBay for $100 to my door.

One thing you mentioned is that you would like your jacket in black. I know that's classic, but I specifically wanted something bright like my yellow and white jacket that would stand out. The key is that I wanted to be seen on my bike at all times of the day.

Good luck and keep the shiny side up!!
        I wear my Colors pretty much all the time and they stand out pretty well.

Comment

I had the opportunity to wear a Joe Rocket mesh last summer for a ride.

Wow. Full protection and armor, but airflow like you were wearing a T-shirt. It would be hell on a cold day, but on a 100 degree day, it rocks!

Comment

I've got both the Joe Rocket Meteor and the Phoenix (mesh) with the liners, and they are great. The Meteor (with the appropriate undergarments) kept me warm down to an AMBIENT temp in the 20s. In fact, the only thing I need now for the winter is the Gerbing heated gloves. The Phoenix is wonderful in the 100 degree, 100% humidity Maryland weather as long as you're moving. As soon as you stop, you are toast(ed).

Harrison

Comment

Working...
            X