Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DO NOT USE- Maxima, Synthetic Chain Guard-crystal clear.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DO NOT USE- Maxima, Synthetic Chain Guard-crystal clear.

I thought I would try this stuff out because they were out of my usual choice and I figured it would be good because I've had good luck with another of their products.
    This is not only the messiest chain lube I've ever tried, it's flat out dangerous. Dangerous because it flings off so much and spreads everywhere. I lost 90% of my rear braking because it got on the rear disc and it even went up 1 1/2" of the left side of my tire.
    We were all going for a ride and I noticed it after just one mile when we went to get gas. I wiped it off as best I could and hoped it would stop flinging off. It did'nt. After a second cleaning at our destination, it continued to come off on the way home.
    I've had stuff be messy before, but never attack my brake like that or get so much on the tire. I did'nt put too much on, I used it according to directions. I cannot believe this stuff was ever tested, if it was, how could they sell it with a "clear" mind ? Dangerous stuff, don't buy it!
    And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
    Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

I could say something, but I won't...

Nick

Comment

...must...resist....

Comment

I use their chain wax exclusively now. I can recommend that product.

Comment

Originally posted by dietcokeking
          I use their chain wax exclusively now. I can recommend that product.
          Yeah. Their chain wax is great. I made a topic about it here. It's amazing the same maker can make such a good product and then make a bad one.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

yeah, the regular chain wax flings off in little boogers instead of an oil.

IT'S TIME TO FIT A DRUM BRAKE KEITH!!!!

Cheers, Steve

Comment

Chain lube... Chain lube...

Oh! I remember that stuff! Nasty habit you have there. I suggest a Shaft as a cure.

Comment

Oh! I remember that stuff! Nasty habit you have there. I suggest a Shaft as a cure.

Simple, elegant solution!

Shaftie Nick

Comment

I wish I had found this post 3 days ago. I used that stuff on my dirtbikes and it's great. On a streetbike though, it's horrible. It keeps getting all over my rear tire and the only way I've found to get it off efficiently is to put the bike on the center stand and use brake cleaner on the tire. Gotta go back to my chain wax...

---Chris

Comment

Four months later, I still get *@%^$*@%^$*@%^$*@%^$ed off about this stuff.
                    You would'nt sell chain lube without testing, right? But if this stuff was ever tested, how could they ever say it passed?
                    On a dirt bike, the flinging on the tire would'nt cause problems and drum brakes would'nt be effected. But some dirt bikes have discs now. :roll:
                    This stuff is marketed to street bikes. Unbelievable!

Comment

Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
                      ...and drum brakes would'nt be effected. But some dirt bikes have discs now. :roll: ...
                      Man, I must really be showing my [lack of] age. I've never even owned a bike that had a drum brake! :roll:

---Chris

Comment

BTW, a quick way to get that crap off is to use that brake cleaner (or parts cleaner...it's the same stuff) that I mentioned in the post above on the chain. I've now moved back to my chain wax and my new 1100E is a happy camper.

---Chris

Comment

Originally posted by FireRescueFL
                          Originally posted by KEITH KRAUSE
                          ...and drum brakes would'nt be effected. But some dirt bikes have discs now. :roll: ...
                          Man, I must really be showing my [lack of] age. I've never even owned a bike that had a drum brake! :roll:

---Chris
                          No, it's probably me showing my age. I haven't kept up with things. I guess ALL dirt bikes have discs by now?

Comment

2 things...

1.) I forgot to mention, if you're going to put brake cleaner on your chain, make sure you keep a hose near by so you can get it off fairly quickly as to not destroy the O-rings.

2.) I think there are still some lower-end dirtbikes with drum brakes. Actually, it looks like I lied in that other post. I forgot my little CRF50 has a drum in the back so I guess I have had a bike with one!

---Chris

Comment

??????

Why would anyone ride a bike with a chain anyway

LOL Only kidding :P
                              1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
                              1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Working...
                              X