just a ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a ?

Has anyone ever tried the rear shock lowering brackets I know it drops the ass end 2 inchs any one done it or have pics of the outcome? Some of my bros thought it would lokk great on my 82 gs 650e.

Keltic

Has anyone ever tried the rear shock lowering brackets
    I'm not sure why you would want to do it, but to each his own. If you do it, then you will need to slide your forks up in the triples the same amount that you lower your back end or you will end up with a chopperish ride and funky handling. I'm not sure you will have 2" of clearance under your bars for that to work OK. Also, dropping it that much is going to eliminate the possibility of actually going around a corner at anything other than a very sedate speed. Since I live for the twisties, this wouldn't work at all for me. Your choce. 8)

Mark

Comment

I'll bet the bros wouldn't want to ride it very far though.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Tate
        I'll bet the bros wouldn't want to ride it very far though.
        I did it on my yammy street tracker and my spine still hurts. I'll look for a pohoto. I dont believe the lowering blocks work on bikes with rear disk brakes.

http://www.geocities.com/slowpoke59ds/LinksPage.html then click on the link to the yamaha street tracker. The photo is the last one to load on the Yammy page.

Comment

Working...
        X