Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barkeeper's Friend good for chrome surface rust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barkeeper's Friend good for chrome surface rust?

Has anyone tried using Barkeeper's Friend to clean mild surface rust off of chrome? I'm considering using this on my '83's original equipment headers to remove the inescapable surface corrosion. Has anyone had any luck with this stuff? I've been using Flitz, but I'm always on the look out for something different.
    Scott

I don't know about Barkeeper's Friend but the Turtle Wax Chrome Polish with Rust Remover works very well. I wouldn't use it all the time to polish chrome though as it's a little abrasive but for removing rust it's great.

Comment

I love that stuff Pete. It is truely a great product. Makes even plati-chrome shine!

Comment

Re: Barkeeper's Friend good for chrome surface rust?

Originally posted by slstamper
        Has anyone tried using Barkeeper's Friend to clean mild surface rust off of chrome? I'm considering using this on my '83's original equipment headers to remove the inescapable surface corrosion. Has anyone had any luck with this stuff? I've been using Flitz, but I'm always on the look out for something different.
        Scott
        Barkeepers friend is some great stuff. I knocked the big rust off my exhaust and put Naval Jelly on the rust and painted the exhaust. The bar keepers freind might leave you with spots of no chrome just bare metal.

Comment

Working...
        X