River Road leather pant chaps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

River Road leather pant chaps

I've been wearing mine for over a year and they are excellent except for the buttons. These things are pants but on the outside there are zippers and buttons so that you can put them on with your boots on. You cut them to length which is nice but I recommend repairing the stitching you cut or the pants will unravel. I recommend cutting them in such a way that the cut is just above a pair of buttons so that the extra 2" of leather below the next button can spread out and cover the laces on your boots. This keeps the wind from blowing up your pants and keeps water out of your boots.

I've worn them through two winters now and have had them so mucked up with salt that they've been white up to my knees. All I do is lay them out on my bed and whipe them off with a wet cloth and they are as good as new. I haven't put any treatment on them ever, but I plan to, since my boots have began to crack so I've learned a lesson there... Also, it's good to buy one size up so that you can get them over your regular clothes.

I've had half a dozen buttons rip off but for a few bucks you can get a kit of replacement buttons from any sewing store. Its not heard to do either, just pull out the old button and hammer in a new one with the supplied miniature anvil.

Oh yeah, wearing leather brings out the worst in your friends too. I can't recall all of the times I've heard, "Hey Elvis, give me an Uh Hu".

Cheers, Steve

The question is, do you give them the "uh hU" ?

Comment

Working...
    X