Leaking fuel tubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaking fuel tubes

After sitting all winter, I fueled up my 78 GS1000 and gas started to leak out of the tuebs that interconect the carbs. I checked with my local Suzi dealer and it truned out that the tubes are discontinued. I ended up using Permatex number 2 form-a gasket. Its nonhardening and and gas resistant. I just smeared alittle on the seals when I put the carbs back together and I haven't had any problems with them since.

dont they have o-rings on em? why not just change the o-rings?

Comment

Originally posted by crazyguy
      dont they have o-rings on em? why not just change the o-rings?
      They don't have any o-rings on the fuel tubes.
      And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
      Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

My '79 750 has fuel tube O rings, but some 1000s don't. The "O ring" part is molded rubber on the outside of the fuel tubes. Someone I know has a 1000 that he needs the molded type fuel tubes for. Does anyone have some?

Harrison

Comment

What I meant was the fuel tubes don't use true o-rings. The rubber covering has raised ribs.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Permatex 2 is a cure all, I found a few vacume leaks between my head and intake tubes and the permatex sealed them up

Comment

Originally posted by JATO
              Permatex 2 is a cure all, I found a few vacume leaks between my head and intake tubes and the permatex sealed them up
              Think it would work in that ever-oily connection of the tach cable to the engine?
              Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
              80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

All I can say is try it. That isn't leaking on my bike yet, but if it was I'm sure I'd use the permatex.

Comment

Working...
                X