The strange road to the gs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The strange road to the gs

Thought I would relate this to you, probably someone would think it funny.

I started looking for a new machine early this year, looking in the 1k price range (don't have to much money to spend on it). I then happened upon a goldwing that was in kinda shaby condition, ready to have some TLC or some parting happen. I put a bid on it (ebay) and in the last five mintutes it got stolen out from under me. So saddened by the loss of such a nice looking bike, i searched again. Ebay had just put up a gs1100 in Idaho, so i decided to look at it. it fell into the categories that i was looking at, price, size, and every thing. I decided to put a bid on the old boy, a top bid of 700, but my hands were faster than my brain, and the mouse did not find the bid, but the "buy it now" button.

I wish that i could have seen the look on my face, white with panic and shock. In the end i decided to follow through on my mistake . It was about a month later that i first started to ride him. The thing that i think i will always remember about this bike is giving it full throttle in first gear, and getting the raw feeling of "what the hell have i gotten my self into." :twisted:

The only thing i would change about my experiance is the price i paid, but not the buying of the bike.

Wecome aboard.

Looks like you got it just in time for the riding season to start up.

Mike

Comment

another one hooked

Comment

actualy i got the bike back in feb. just haven't gotten anything posted here about it, and thought someone would laught at that.

but oh am i hooked.

Comment

Good story no matter how you look at it
          Congrats man. If you realy enjoy the bike, then you didn't pay too much.

Now where in this planet are you located? Want to know if I have another riding buddy

Comment

i'm in idaho, twin falls to be exact

Comment

There is a lot of good riding in that part of the country. I was stationed in Idaho Falls for Nuclear Power Training when I was in the Navy. I loved riding along the Salmon and going over to the Tetons.

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X