Taking the test again!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taking the test again!

Damn I barely passed the driving test today. Wow didn't know I was that out of practice. But I got by. Ohio sucks! 8)

Comment

Re: Taking the test again!

Originally posted by Quickboat
      Damn I barely passed the driving test today. Wow didn't know I was that out of practice. But I got by. Ohio sucks! 8)
      Good for you! that test can be a B*#$h. I did the motorcycle safety course at Great Oaks last fall and got out of the test. It was a good class too. I was a little rusty after 20 years driving around in a cage. We'll get a Cincinnati ride together someday soon.

Comment

ugh...I've got my final riding test next week. I have to relearn all of the gverment rules which can be ridiculous. The way I handle intersections is way better, people always take my spot or get too close to me when I do it the gov way.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
          ugh...I've got my final riding test next week. I have to relearn all of the gverment rules which can be ridiculous. The way I handle intersections is way better, people always take my spot or get too close to me when I do it the gov way.

Steve
          I had some clown change lanes right in front of me (practically beside me) IN an intersection! At the next set of lights I was in front of him, so I got off my bike and asked him, "Do you know it's illegal to change lanes in the middle of an intersection?" His reply, "Didn't you see my signal?" I just shook my head and walked back to my bike. No use wasting my breath on someone who doesn't understand! :roll:
          Kevin
          E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
          "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
          Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Uhhhh, let me rephrase that Sir. If you ever do that to me again, I will rip your head off your body and put it somewhere you will find extremely uncomfortable.

Earl :-)

Originally posted by mcycle-nut

I had some clown change lanes right in front of me (practically beside me) IN an intersection! At the next set of lights I was in front of him, so I got off my bike and asked him, "Do you know it's illegal to change lanes in the middle of an intersection?" His reply, "Didn't you see my signal?" I just shook my head and walked back to my bike. No use wasting my breath on someone who doesn't understand! :roll:
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by srivett

Steve
              Just remember, Steve, that one of the questions asks what is the best angle to change lanes across rail/streetcar tracks, when you are riding parallel to the tracks.

Obviously, the best answer is the steepest angle that is both reasonable and safely attainable, but the fools want you to answer 90 degrees, which is not possible in the described circumstances.

The DOT has improved on its questions over the years, and become more realistic, but it still has some stupid ones, and thus it remains ignorant of reality.
              "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
              Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

With ALL respect.....if you truly believe you barely passed, perhaps it is time for a refresher course. Your life is worth it.
                "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
                Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Good Point!

I rode for many years prior but let the licence lapse and never renwed. I am acually suffering from a mild form of vertigo induced by a head injury months ago. So besides being out of pratice I wasn't 100%. I will ride very causiously believe me.

Comment

please be safe I would recomend taking the MSF advanced course.

Comment

I took the Ohio test 30 years ago and almost fell asleep taking it. Course it might have changed over the years.

Comment

so anybody have the beta on the Colorado driving test? more specifically in Longmont? it's been real fun driving on a learner's permit again :roll: , but it's almost expired and I gotta go do it!!

how tight might they make it, and how strict on bike "shape" are they? I know my rear tire is a little bald in the center, but I've been trying to rail off the sides best I can!!

thanks all!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X