I'm having one of them days....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having one of them days....

I took a half day off from work today so I could take my sister out to lunch and then take her riding before she heads back to Boston early Saturday. I pulle the bike out of the garage and notice that one of the windshield mounts I tried to fix has seperated from the windshield. Apparently there was some flex on the shield that I hadn't noticed when the forks are in the lock position. No problem, took the windshield off for safety's sake, I can deal with that later. I start the bike. The tach starts to sweep up and then quickly returns to zero and stays there. The bike stays running,and doesn't make any strange noises, so I am hoping it's just the cable. I can ride by feel and sound, i just don't like having things not working.

Lunch was fine.

I ask my sister if she minds stopping by the cycle shop so I can order a new cable, she doesn't have a problem with that. The shop can have one here by tuesday, they want to know if I want to leave a deposit or pay in full. It's 10 bucks, i pay in full. As I'm walking out a guy pulls up on a GS450A and asks to get an inspection, I glance down at my sticker and find out I'm overdue. Quick once over on the bike, everything seems fine, front brake switch seems a bit out of whack, but that didn't turn out to be a problem. After that a nice ride around the southern tier. Still a bit put off by the breakage of the sheild and the cable, every little noise I don't rcognize has me wondering "what now?". My sister enjoyed the ride, I was a bit tense the whole time due to the "what now?" factor, but pretty much a good ride.

Then the Kid at the corner store (and i am old enough to think he's just a kid) says "that's a nice looking bike, what is it?" and i tell him and he asks a few more questions. I tell him that it's 22 years old, and that surprises him a bit and he says "it's still a sweet looking bike"

What a terrific day

ahhh! 1982, what a fine year for GSs! 8)

gotta love happy endings!

Comment

Nice.

I have had my GS for a month and the first two weeks things broke, fell off or acted up. The week after that I rode with paranoia, always with a few miles of my house. This week I have bitten the bullet and the S.O.B bike hasn't missed a beat. It sure works best when the throttle is on the stops...

Comment

Marty, I'm always glad to hear you had a nice day.

Comment

Love those happy endings! In the future I hope you get your fair share of happy beginnings and happy in-betweens too!
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Very nice.

Mike

Comment

Working...
            X