• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFTERMARKET ALUMINUM SWINGARMS?

Hello,

I am interested in finding an aftermarket aluminum swingarm for an '82
    Suzuki 750e. I have got alot of great information from this webpage from
    people who have converted swingarms from larger gsx's and some that can be made to fit with the right fabrication and this is very good info. I
    was just wondering if there is a company out there that makes bolt-on aluminum swingarms for the '82 gs750e? If there isn't , I am glad to know
    that an 1100 swingarm can be made to work. Does anyone have the measurements of the custom spacers that I would have to have fabricated
    to make the 1100 swingarm work? O.D X I.D X WIDTH. thanks.

There are quite a few, but they are expensive. JMC, RAM, and Metmachex are a few. Kosman used to make swingarms, not sure if they still do or not.

Comment

Calfab used to be one of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Lobacz
        Calfab used to be one of the best.
        Calfabs were very popular. I did a quick search to see if they were still in business. Didn't find them but i did find this. http://www.netquest.co.uk/katweb/sf/.../sf042-104.htm

Comment

wow, that is an awesome bike. I did find a few places on the web that had aftermarket swingarms for around $500-700 . Yikes. I bet if someone
          had some custom spacers mass produced and sold them as a conversion"kit" so we could easily slap on an 1100 swingarm for our 750e bikes that person would do alot of business. And be rich. -----

Comment

Hello all. Newbie to the site here. Ihave an '81 GS1100e swingarm that I'm installing on a '74 Kawasaki Z1 project bike. That particular mod is very popular with early KZ900/1000 owners. 8)
            A great site you all have here. Jim

Comment

I hope you folks don't mind me hanging out here to ask a few questions.
              I'm sure you already knew that it would take some Suzuki parts to make a Kawasaki perform better.
              I would like for my next "project bike" to be a GS1100E. Man, there's just something about those inline 4s!

Comment

Notes on spacers...A decent machine shop can make you spacers to your specs...If thats all you need...I'd start looking for a shop with a lathe...Check automotive performance shops, marine performance shops and ofcourse, bike shops for leads on machine shops
                EULC ON

Comment

i am in that process right now with a gs 1100 using a bandit 1200 swingarm and I have to figure out how much to take off the frame or strech the frame so on than you got to look at the sprocket and that is after you get on what size tire,, you can only go so big the offset sprocket kits are high dollar $400.00 unless someone else know a cheeper place

Comment

Swingarm swap

Shnitz racing sells 3/8 & 5/8 offset front sprockets for around $80.The Bandit arm sounds good,I just put a 93 GSXR arm on my 81 GS. Steve

Comment

Originally posted by MICXSTER
                      wow, that is an awesome bike. I did find a few places on the web that had aftermarket swingarms for around $500-700 . Yikes. I bet if someone
                      had some custom spacers mass produced and sold them as a conversion"kit" so we could easily slap on an 1100 swingarm for our 750e bikes that person would do alot of business. And be rich. -----
                      Hey !!!!post the links

Comment

85 1150 project

I'm new to the site, I've had the gs for 10 years now and finally starting this project. It's an 85 1150. I have the 94 gsxr750 front end on already, trying to figure out how big I can go for rubber on the rear. The rear is a 6inch gsxr with a 190 right now, any tips for swingarm modification or spacers needed etc would be a big help.

Comment

Check the Performance section for a couple of threads. One by Katman on "Building an ICBM..." and another on "What's Going On In Your Garage". The last one has some discussion about it in the last couple of posts.

Comment

Working...
                          X