K&S Hydraulic Brake Light Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

K&S Hydraulic Brake Light Switch

This part is a good alternative for the unreliable Suzuki front brake light switch. It replaces one of the banjo bolts and plugs into the existing connector inside the headlight bowl. The installation is quick and simple, the only tools you need are a Phillips screwdriver and a 14mm wrench. After the installation, the brake fluid must be topped off and the brake system must be pumped to get rid of the air.
    I bought mine at Dennis Kirk website:http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...ductId=p210370
    The price is $15.99 plus shipping. There are two different parts with different thread pitch, make sure you order the right one. Suzuki GS series use banjo bolts with 1.0mm pitch.

Thanks for the review, I'll be ordering at least one for my bike in the near future!

Hap

Comment

You're welcome Hap. Hope it works for you.

Comment

I'll be doing the same ... and thanks for clarifying the thread size for us!

Regards,

Steve 8)

Comment

I went looking for something like that down here a while ago. A bit hard to come by. I got a standard replacement switch for the front, but woud prefer one of the bajo switches for the front sometime. I will keep on looking now....

Comment

they also sell one with a 1.0 pitch double length banjo bolt for those who don't use a line splitter....

Comment

I just bought a double one at the dealer for 18 CDN, it's 10 CDN for a regular bolt so I figured I may as well buy the fancy one. If you guys so desired you could bolt it in on the splitter of the dual brakes so that it's hidden.

Steve

Comment

I fitted them on both our GS's. They work great! Much better than the original brake switch.

Comment

Just installed one from denniskirk.com. Works great and easy to install.

Thanks for the info:

Comment

I canceled the order on mine, it turned out the price was 33 bucks and I'd have to wait a month.

EDIT: The store brought the bolt in after cancelling the order so I decided to buy it as I needed to replace my master cylinder anyway. The one I got was a Goodrich. It is mediocre product that comes with the wrong wire connectors (they supply a second set of terminals to put on your wiring harness) and the wire is too short. Mine also only came with 2 brass washers instead of 3 aluminum washers. Another thing that had me guessing was the length of the bolt, it was much shorter than the stock double length bolt so the # of threads securing the brake lines to the master cylinder are minimal.

Steve

Comment

would this work for the rear brake as well? I have a 83 750es and I noticed that the rear brake does have a banjo nut like the front. anyone know if the thread pitches are the same?

Comment

Originally posted by daveo
                        they also sell one with a 1.0 pitch double length banjo bolt for those who don't use a line splitter....
                        Do you have a part number for that? I can't find it on their site. I have a splitter but I eventually plan to lose it, so I'd rather go with the double and run it to the splitter for now, then move it to the master later when I ditch the split.

Comment

Originally posted by sidd
                          would this work for the rear brake as well? I have a 83 750es and I noticed that the rear brake does have a banjo nut like the front. anyone know if the thread pitches are the same?
                          Yes, the thread pitches, banjo sizes, etc. are the same.
                          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                          X