Frogg Toggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frogg Toggs

I had to use my Frogg Togg's on the way home today when the storm brokeout. They go on quick, and I stayed bone dry. Easily worth the 60$.

The Cruiserworks boots are great on the wet pavement as well.

Terry

I like my Frog Toggs. They are lightweight and roll up pretty small but give good protection. They aren't real rugged; you can tear them; and you sure don't wan't to brush up against a hot exhaust. But balancing weight, protection, and cost I don't know of anything better to carry.

Chris, Cruiserworks aren't cheap; you must have splurged. I envy you because I have been eyeing them for a long time. It does me no good even to save my pennies because they only make up to size 15, and I need one size larger. Instead I buy $20 knock off jungle boots from Sportsmans Guide and spray them down with silicone. No class.
    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Originally posted by dpep
      Cruiserworks aren't cheap; you must have splurged. I envy you because I have been eyeing them for a long time.
      It pained me to save and spend that much money on boots, but I think they are worth it. I ride pretty much every day now back and forth to work, so I can justify it as transportation costs.

Terry

Comment

What are they?

Comment

Hey mark, I like that little signature with the sign! Pretty cool they way it identifies the viewer!
          GY

Comment

Originally posted by Hoomgar
            What are they?
            Really neat rain gear. Check it out. I went for the orange for visibility.

Terry

Comment

Originally posted by 92G
              Originally posted by Hoomgar
              What are they?
              Really neat rain gear. Check it out. I went for the orange for visibility.

Terry

http://www.froggtoggs.com/catalog%20page.html
              Cool, thx Terry.

Comment

There's a Frogg Toggs distributor about 15 minutes from where I work. When the forecast looked iffy before the great Midwest GS Rally a few weeks ago, I dropped by and bought a pair of Frogg Toggs rain pants for $30. My Joe Rocket jacket is waterproof, so I figured I'd be OK without the FT jacket.

Saturday morning, we rode through the most incredible torrential downpour I've ever seen, and the pants didn't leak a drop. My knees stayed perfectly dry, even though rain was pounding into my legs at speed.

It's the first breathable material I've ever seen that is actually waterproof AND that actually breathes as advertised! The pants were perfectly comfortable when we stopped for lunch, and never felt clammy or sweaty. They also don't make that icky crinkling noise like a lot of waterproof materials, including my JR jacket.

They pack down small, and are much more durable than vinyl rain pants.

Excellent stuff, and even better than advertised!
                1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

They also serve as a good chill layer if the you get caught out in a colder temprature than you planned. They even have a hood that pulls up and fits under your helmet keeping chill off your neck. If if gets really colder that you planned you have enough room to slide newspaper underneath them. They just offer a lot of versatility for their bulk and weight.

Only complaint I have on mine is no pockets.
                  Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                  80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Working...
                  X