Using cycle computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using cycle computer

Hi just fitted a ?9.99 push bike computer to my GSX750ES works a treat. got avrage speed, max speed and various other little calculations. God if they made one for a m/cycle it would cost a fortune. Right fitting it was easy got a wireless one, on the wheel I connected the magnet to a wheel wieght and connected the sensor to the old brake hose bracket for the antidive. As easy as that the unit works on all push bike wheels from 18" up, I measured from my centre wheel to ground then compared it with a push bike wheel aprox 24" push bike wheel.

I use a pedalbike computer from SIGMA SPORT called BC 800. I like it. If it's as accurate as it seems to be, the my stock 1100 speedometer is off by about 10%. Much more than the original reviews stated, 3%.

I had to superglue the magnet to one of my mag wheel struts/spokes/supports/whatever-you-call-them I put the sensor on the hydraulic brake caliper housing and ran the wire up the brake hose line. I had to get a longer sensor wire, sold separately.

Vroom vroom!

Michael

Comment

I installed a BC800 to my CBR900 last year and have been nothing but pleased with it, my bikes factory speedo is driven from the countersprocket and when I put a larger rear sprocket on the bike my speedo was probably 10mph off of actual and the BC800 is supposed to be accurate up to 180mph which I have never wanted to go that fast anyway. My only gripe with the BC800 is that at night I cant read it as it doesnt have a backlight...

Comment

P.S. the wireless BC is supposedly on accurate up to 80mph...

Comment

Working...
        X