Cycle Recycle Part II - Parts, Knowledge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cycle Recycle Part II - Parts, Knowledge

One of our better kept secrets around Indy is a greasy, grimy little shop in a bad part of town called Cycle Recycle Part II.

From valve shims to clutch kits, tires, and lots of obscure bits and pieces for my GS850G -- they have an amazing inventory of new parts, along with vast amounts of used parts. The words "we'll have to order it" are quite rare here.

The owner has an encyclopedic knowledge of 60s - 90s metric bikes, and if you don't know already, he will always patiently explain to you how to install or use your new goodies. If you're having trouble, he's happy to help and make recommendations.

If you're not in the area, you can order all kinds of hard-to-find goodies from their web site at excellent prices. Like the shop, the web site is an eyesore, but has an amazing array of goodies for GS riders.

CRC LAW FIRM GUIDE Contact Us CRC Law Firm Guide At CRC Law Firm, we are dedicated to providing exceptional legal services and personalized representation to our clients. With a strong commitment to integrity, professionalism, and achieving favorable outcomes, we strive to be your trusted partner in navigating the complexities of the legal system. Comprehensive Legal Expertise With a diverse …

I was just there today to have a new rear tire installed -- I brought in the wheel and walked out 15 minutes later with fresh balanced rubber. In the meantime, I enjoyed listening to the staff help a variety of customers, and marveled at their vast store of obscure, detailed knowledge.

I highly recommend stopping by or visiting the web site if you have the chance. They're a rarity, and deserve our business.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

I done business with them a couple of times, and intend on doing more.

Terry

Comment

Just bought a replacement clutch kit from them for my 1100G (should arrive today!). Bought ignition parts from them last fall, and agree they are a class act!

If the opportunity presents itself I might try to stop by during the Spring Midwest Rally weekend and say "hi."

Regards,
      Steve 8)

Comment

I've ordered from them 3 times, only one time did I have to call
        and they said one of my items was backordered but it got to me pretty quick.
        I've ordered two vetter windshields from them.
        Overall very happy with service and prices.

Mo

Comment

They are the best supplier/parts place on the internet. I always go to them first and its rare that I have to go somewhere else. I think its the owner that usually answers the phone, (Rob Eberle I believe) and he is always exceptionally helpful. It is soooooo nice to discuss a tech problem and find youre talking to someone that understands. :-) Great place.
          FIVE STARS!

Earl
          All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

They get good marks from me. They are very helpful when something doesn't go right. I've talked to the owner, he takes the time to understand the customer's situation. SIX STARS! :P

Comment

I have used them several times, no prob.
              \
              Mike

Comment

They are cheap too. I got a Vista Cruise for 10 bucks and billet bar ends for my ZRX for 14 bucks. How do you beat that?

Comment

Best damn motorcycle parts store on the 'net and the best customer support/service I've experienced.

I bought some progressive shocks off ebay recently, I'm probably going to call them and ask if I can send them in to have springs put on. I doubt anyone around here will be as helpful as them!

~Adam

Comment

I purchased my chain, sprockets, and new tires from them. It was a good transaction, and the guy was plenty helpful in getting me ready for the 530 chain conversion.

Well recommended.

Comment

just ordered 10 filters from them. pretty good price too!

++++++++EDIT++++

Got them in, on time! great job for themQ@!

Comment

I just ordered from them 3 times in the past 2 weeks. All items arrived quickly and accurately. Their prices are not too shabby either. I will continue to do business with them!!!

Rick

Comment

I've ordered from them too. Very fast shipping, and seem to have everything you need. Even for my wife's KZ440LTD.
                          Competitive prices. Great place!
                          I'll gladly use them again. 8)

Comment

Another plug

I just received my shipment of various filtery and pointy things from them. Quick service, and in the past they've worked with me when I've had technical issues. They've still got it goin on!
                            "Men will never be free until Mark learns to do The Twist."

-Denis D'shaker

79 GS750N

Comment

Dang, it's hard to believe I started this thread over ten years ago!

And yeah, I'm still a regular down there. Although I change my own tires nowadays.

And despite a "redesign", their web site is still an eyesore.
                              1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                              2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                              2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                              Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Get "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at https://tro.bike/podcast/ or wherever you listen to podcasts!

Comment

Working...
                              X