My friend...billy the Cicada.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My friend...billy the Cicada.

I starting to kinda like these little guys (Singly...not en masse).

Yesterday at lunch I went for a ride to the bank and almost hit a cicada...he flew towards my chest and my jacket was open. When I got to the stoplight I looked down and didn't see anything. I figured he must have scooped around me SO I went about my business and rode back to work, took out my id from my jacket for the guy at the gate....still no sign of the cicada.

So I get back to work and put my jacket on the back of my chair. This was at 2:00.
    6:00 comes and I head over to bible study. That went from 7:00 to 9:30.
    We learned our bible lesson and prayed and had a great time in the Lord.

Still no sign of the Cicada...

So I hug all my sisters, brothers, my pastor and my first lady and put my jacket and gear on and head out to IHOP in laurel as I do every thursday night. When I get there and open up my jacket to take it off...OUT COMES BILLY THE CICADA!!!
    (where he was hiding at in there I haven't a clue)

He flew to the table opposite me and the lady behind me freaked out and was like "CICADA!!! CICADA!!! CICADA!!!"
    I looked over and chuckled to myself and scooped him up and put him outside. I watched him as he crawled around and thought to myself....

"That has got to be the most blessed cicada ever born. He spent the day riding around in my jacket...went to the bank and to work with me...went to bible study with me and rode with me to dinner...wow."

I smiled when I saw him fly off into the night just imagining all the stories he would tell his cicada buddies before he died.

Dm of mD

Great story.. and I'm sure he had the ride of his life. (probably made the last 7 years worth it for him)

I've been hearing them in the afternoons as I drive home in my truck. Haven't had a close call with one yet. But the bike just got inspected yesterday, so I'm sure I will soon enough.

Amos

Comment

Kewl

Very good. I liked that

Comment

On a serious note, after enjoying the story.
        I cant hear them any more. i dont hear birds and crickets either. enjoy the creatures. They are a true gift.

Comment

High adventure in the insect world. We have 5 billion of them here in Cincinnati although they are mostly southwest of I-71 and SR562. So I only get to hear them in force at work.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty
            On a serious not after enjoying the story.
            I cant hear them any more. i dont hear birds and crickets either. enjoy the creatures. They are a true gift.
            Oh thats nice to know. You'll never hear me coming then thats for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay B
              Originally posted by scotty
              On a serious not after enjoying the story.
              Oh thats nice to know. You'll never hear me coming then thats for sure.
              I have no trouble hearing a big wind.

Comment

Nice story.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                X