throttle rocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

throttle rocker

I bought one a few months back and have really liked it. It takes a few miles to get used to, and you do have to get it in the right spot for you, but after that it's good. This is one part that will stay with me, not the motorcycle.

Mark "Q" Tanner

Re: throttle rocker

Originally posted by quakeholio
    I bought one a few months back and have really liked it. It takes a few miles to get used to, and you do have to get it in the right spot for you, but after that it's good. This is one part that will stay with me, not the motorcycle.

Mark "Q" Tanner
    I usually pull mine off and hang it off the center of the handlebar. I leave it there for short rides, and pop it back on when I am going for a longer ride.

But I agree, excellent product!

Comment

Rock On

Comment

I have used a throttle rocker on several different bikes and really like them.

The only problem I ever had with them was using them with the soft foam touring grips I had on a Honda Sabre they tore up the grips.

The cure was to cut small slits in the grips so that the small end of the throttle rocker fit inside under the foam. The slit needed to be positioned so the rocker could be rotated to the positions that you use it in without coming out of the slit, and could be pushed back into the slit and be out of the way when riding.

On the GS I am using some dirt bike gel grips and have no problems using the throttle rocker with them. The one I have on the GS is a knock off and not a real throttle rocker. I can't remember the name and it works very well but I find I like the shape of the original a little better.

Mike

Comment

I like for longer rides. It seems like it gets in the way, sometimes, around town. (It could be just me not being used to it, since I remove it for shorter rides.)

It has helped my hand feel better, though.

Mike

Comment

Rocker

After I bought mine...I never took it off. I love the thing!!
            1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

I have one on my bike too....and I have it in a spot where when my hand is around the grip, the rocker is between my thumb and index finger. Since I've gotten used to it, I haven't noticed it being in my way.

It definitely helps out on longer rides so you can rest your hand some.

~Adam

Comment

Working...
              X