Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using another canister on a MAC Exhaust?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using another canister on a MAC Exhaust?

Good afternoon gentlemen,

I've heard that the stock canister exhaust that comes with the MAC exhaust is restrictive and may not work well with a stage-3 kit and pods.
    What canister could I put on there from an aftermarket exhaust that would flow enough to use my Dynojet stage-3 kit with the dynojet recommended settings?

I know that for some cans I will have to use a mid-pipe. I've got that part sorted out already.

Thank you,
    Dm of mD

if you are going to add a midpipe look at some of supertrapps slip-ons for cars ive used a set before with good results.

Comment

Not to be rude but unless you have a specific car mid-pipe for me to look for I'm not getting into adding car parts to the bike. It's hard enough finding bike parts to bodge onto it.

I'll hit the scrapyard this saturday and see what works and seals up good.

Dm of mD

Comment

figured you would be using a standard 2" midpipe diameter. I deeply appologise for offending you.

Comment

Not a problem at all Don, you didn't offend me.
          Please forgive me if I offended you in any way my friend.

I have not measured the size of the header where it would connect to the mid-pipe. I'm looking at it and it looks like 2.5 inches at the most. But I will get around to measurements tomorrow in preparation for the trip to the salvage yard on saturday.

Dm of mD

Comment

Working...
          X