GS1000 new member sayin hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GS1000 new member sayin hello

I bought a 79 1000N new in high school. In 87 I bought a monte carlo ss and the bike blew a fork seal so I put oil in the cylinders and put the bike into my dads shed, where it sat for 13 years untouched. Got the bug to ride a bike again and went to McBrides cycle in Toronto. When I asked the cost to rebuild the engine the shop guy asked me if I had tried to start it? He said "those engines were bullet proof". A six pack of beer and 2 cans of carb cleaner later I boosted the engine off my dads van with old gas out of the lawnmower. A shot of quick start and SHE STARTED!!! New tires, a battery and a tune up and I'm in the wind again.
    " KEEP THE RUBBER SIDE DOWN"

Welcome to the GSR man. Lot's of other enthusiasts here too

Comment

Welcome aboard. Glad to see another 79 GS1000N.
      '84 GS750EF (Oct 2015 BOM) '79 GS1000N (June 2007 BOM) My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/soates50/

Comment

Welcome to our "humble home" !! Sounds like a nice bike - isn't great to have it running again!! 8)

Comment

Yup! Something about them 1000's! I've got one too. Original owner.
          And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
          Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

Got to love the bulletproof GS! Congrats on your 1000! 8)

Comment

Always good to have someone come back to riding.

Mike

Comment

Welcome. Glad to see you back on the bike again.

Comment

Working...
                X