Cable repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cable repair

This may be preaching to the converted but I always carry a cable repair kit on the bike.I use a Hein Gericke Nipple Breakdown Kit,part no 22000777 available from www.hein-gericke.com.Sorry,I've no idea how to put a link in,and I'm not sure if they ship to the States.It includes two cable inners and various screw-on nipples,but only one that fits throttle cables so you have to buy two kits!However,it's cheaper than a tow truck!It's got me home more than once.Well worth the money at ?5.99 plus postage. =D>

This should get you to there home page,

Comment

Cable repair

Thanks John.I'm afraid I suffer from serious technofear when it comes to computers and the like.I still run points & condensers after a Boyer Brandsen ignition unit went bang and took both coils out!Ned Ludd lives.

Comment

I just carry a spare cable / from ebay

Comment

cable

Dont need a clutch cable to shift, and if one of the 2 throttle cables breaks I swap them, I can ride with the throttle backwards

Comment

Bicycle cables are not as strong, due to their smaller diameter, and may have slightly smaller end fittings, but they will work, and they are widely available.
            "If you scare people enough, they will demand removal of freedom. This is the path to tyranny."
            Elon Musk Jan, 2022

Comment

Working...
            X