Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some people are about half smart and then...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some people are about half smart and then...............

Others are only about 1/8th smart. :-) The Florida tourist may be destined for the endangered species list.

Just me and the 1150 heading home after a days ride and about 45 miles out in the everglades on a two lane road bordered by canals and marsh. Cruising down a empty road until a mile or so ahead, I see a car pulled over on the side of the road. Slowing, I figure its someone broke down. As I draw nearer, I can see the drivers door is open and the driver is standing in the middle of the road looking down intently. At a couple hundred yards, I can tell there is a small alligator on the road. The little gator (about 2 feet long) and the tourist are facing each other in a standoff. The little guy is reared up on his front legs, hissing and snapping each time the fella tries to fake him out and grab him. Neither of them seems to be considering giving up. heh heh It appears the fella saw the gator, decided he would like to have one and now engaged in trying to figure out how to grab it and get it in his car. :-) :-) I just slowed my speed to a crawl, eased by them both and continued on. There are some things you just dont need to get involved in.

Then there is the fishing tourist. A ride to Key West and a rest stop and walkabout along the way. I'm sitting on a rock watching a guy in a bathing suit fishing in the surf, when he gets a strike on his line....pretty good one too. The rod is bent and whatever it is isnt too small. Hmmm, interesting, think I'll hang around long enough to see what it is. After a few minutes, the fella has worked the fish into shore and its about 10 feet in front of him. Its a small shark about 3 feet long. Well, the guy reels the line in tight and gives a mighty heave, intending to yank the shark out of the water, and over his head, onto the beach. Sometimes, a plan just doesnt turn out. :-)The shark is heavy enough to bend the rod, which lowers the arc. Instead of flying over the man's head, the shark hits him nose first in the stomach. The problem stemmed from the fact that the shark on impact opened his mouth and clamped his jaw shut on the fisherman's beer belly flab. Well now, the fella dropped his fishing pole, yelled and grabbed the shark's tail, trying to yank it off his belly. Little shark just wasnt inclined to let go. (sharks are kinda like that) So there they are, the fisherman and the shark dancing on the beach. The guy is hopping up and down, shark flopping in unison, accompanied by screaming and yanking on the sharks tail as he does something of a fisherman's rhumba.
    Y'know, sometimes you cant even find a peaceful place to take a break.

Earl
    All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Re: Some people are about half smart and then...............

Originally posted by earlfor
    Then there is the fishing tourist. A ride to Key West and a rest stop and walkabout along the way. I'm sitting on a rock watching a guy in a bathing suit fishing in the surf, when he gets a strike on his line....pretty good one too. The rod is bent and whatever it is isnt too small. Hmmm, interesting, think I'll hang around long enough to see what it is. After a few minutes, the fella has worked the fish into shore and its about 10 feet in front of him. Its a small shark about 3 feet long. Well, the guy reels the line in tight and gives a mighty heave, intending to yank the shark out of the water, and over his head, onto the beach. Sometimes, a plan just doesnt turn out. :-)The shark is heavy enough to bend the rod, which lowers the arc. Instead of flying over the man's head, the shark hits him nose first in the stomach. The problem stemmed from the fact that the shark on impact opened his mouth and clamped his jaw shut on the fisherman's beer belly flab. Well now, the fella dropped his fishing pole, yelled and grabbed the shark's tail, trying to yank it off his belly. Little shark just wasnt inclined to let go. (sharks are kinda like that) So there they are, the fisherman and the shark dancing on the beach. The guy is hopping up and down, shark flopping in unison, accompanied by screaming and yanking on the sharks tail as he does something of a fisherman's rhumba.
    Y'know, sometimes you cant even find a peaceful place to take a break.

Earl

ROFL!!! Earl, there are no words

Now I would trade almost anything including a peaceful rest break to be able to watch such entertainment live.

Reminds me of the guy I watched try to take his bait back out of the mouth of an oyster cracker once while on a deep sea fishing trip. All the while the cabin mate (helper) is running up the side of the boat yelling "Don't put your fingers in it's mouth!!!" but he was intent on getting his piece of squid back. Crunch, blood, swelling, what a moron. I laugh every time my brain replays it

Comment

So now, the question is which piece is the squid and which piece was my finger. :-)

I try not to watch people too closely. It makes my sides hurt too much. :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by Hoomgar
      All the while the cabin mate (helper) is running up the side of the boat yelling "Don't put your fingers in it's mouth!!!" but he was intent on getting his piece of squid back. Crunch, blood, swelling, what a moron. I laugh every time my brain replays it

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

you have all the fun, earl!!!

Comment

[
          Reminds me of the guy I watched try to take his bait back out of the mouth of an oyster cracker once while on a deep sea fishing trip.
          What is an oyster cracker? Seriously, the only oyster cracker I've ever heard of is an oyster flavoured cracker.
          Kevin
          E-Bay: gsmcyclenut
          "Communism doesn't work because people like to own stuff." Frank Zappa

1978 GS750(x2 "projects"), 1983 GS1100ED (slowly becoming a parts bike), 1982 GS1100EZ,
          Now joined the 21st century, 2013 Yamaha XTZ1200 Super Tenere.

Comment

Originally posted by mcycle-nut
            [
            Reminds me of the guy I watched try to take his bait back out of the mouth of an oyster cracker once while on a deep sea fishing trip.
            What is an oyster cracker? Seriously, the only oyster cracker I've ever heard of is an oyster flavoured cracker.
            Here you go Kevin

Basically they are sea rats.

Comment

LMAO.

I caught a 3 ft Black tip. Perfect coloring. Not in my boat. Thats the rule. I wouldn't even think of it. what a moron.

Its a small shark about 3 feet long
              gators either. They scare the hel$ out me. Don't care how small. Buggers still have sharp teeth. 8O 8O

That's how they end up in the New York sewer system. Guess there's another B movie coming, huh?

It appears the fella saw the gator, decided he would like to have one

Comment

My cousin and I caught a few sharks once, sized about 10" to 1'. THOSE are small sharks. We threw em back, didn't know you could eat them and that they were fair game. Back at the harbor we saw dozens of tourists on a charter boat getting all kinds of these things cleaned for them. :roll:

That 3' rascal, I don't want no part of him!

Comment

I dont eat shark anymore. Too much mercury in them. Quit eating canned tuna also, for the same reason.

Earl

Originally posted by Hotblack
                  My cousin and I caught a few sharks once, sized about 10" to 1'. THOSE are small sharks. We threw em back, didn't know you could eat them and that they were fair game. Back at the harbor we saw dozens of tourists on a charter boat getting all kinds of these things cleaned for them. :roll:

That 3' rascal, I don't want no part of him!

Comment

Originally posted by earlfor
                    I dont eat shark anymore. Too much mercury in them. Quit eating canned tuna also, for the same reason.

Earl
                    Earl, I don't blame you for being cautious. Actually tuna steaks will have higher mercury content than canned tuna because they come from the larger species. And the white albacore tuna is higher than the chunk light tuna (the cheapest kind) for the same reason. I still eat chunk light tuna though not as often as I could according to the EPA in the chart below. I would just as soon err on the side of caution myself.

Whether you're getting dental fillings or ordering sushi, keep these tips in mind to avoid exposure.

General rule is the bigger the fish the more the mercury. The top predator fish concentrate it in their tissues. No shark, no swordfish, no kingfish, no big tuna.
                    Believe in truth. To abandon fact is to abandon freedom.

Nature bats last.

80 GS850G / 2010 Yamaha Majesty / 81 GS850G

Claimed by Hurricane Irma 9/11/2017:
                    80 GS850G / 2005 Yamaha Majesty / 83 GS1100E / 2000 BMW R1100RT / 2014 Suzuki DL650

Comment

Earl,
                      Never have a camera when you need one huh?

I almost spilled my coffee reading these.

I thought we had morons up here, you can keep yours
                      Keith
                      -------------------------------------------
                      1980 GS1000S, blue and white
                      2015Triumph Trophy SE

Ever notice you never see a motorcycle parked in front of a psychiatrist office?

Comment

Funny stuff! The fisherman got what he deserved. I'm always for the animals. Go Gators! Go Sharks! I won't tell you what I'd have done about the guy trying to steal a wild animal and take it home to probably die. Lets just say it would have been two on one. :twisted:
                        And on the seventh day,after resting from all that he had done,God went for a ride on his GS!
                        Upon seeing that it was good, he went out again on his ZX14! But just a little bit faster!

Comment

I'm afraid I have to go along with you Earl and Dpep. I still like my fish, but gotta be sparing with the big ones.

Comment

ROFLMBAO!!!!
                            The shark story floored me.

Dm of mD

Comment

OK Earl, you win. :P

You picked on me about my shark tank. They are only 2 feet long. You definitely had a "shark" of a story!! (as opposed to a whale that is )

I wish I had been there to see what you did. Thanks for a great laugh!!

Comment

Working...
                              X