Carbs damn near kill rider..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbs damn near kill rider..

Well, the carbs on my bike have finally reached the point where it's no longer safe to operate at low speeds.

In a left hand turn...going slow...revs at 2000 rpm and doing about 10 mph. Sudden brief power loss...power back...power gone again...power comes back...power cuts out again...decrease lean to make up for loss of speed...roll on throttle to try and correct...power FLOOds back...revs shoot to 4000 rpm sending me straight at the curb!!!

*proceed to crap pants*

Snap back to senses...grab clutch in all the way...HARD lean to the left...don't hit the brakes...don't hit the brakes...don't hit the brakes!!!
    Remember last time!!!!

Narrowly miss right side curb by 1 inch or less.
    Pull over to side of street and sit on the curb while shaking like a leaf.

I go over to the bike and turn it back on and rev it up. From idle to 3k rpm spotty soggy running....from 3500rpm and up smooth as butter.
    *shake head*

I've got to get these mixture screws set right...

Dm of mD

Ahh.. that's scarry..

Glad you make it out ok though.

Amos

Comment

Adjust those float levels dude!!.

Mix screws have little or no effect on 2000-3000 rpm range.
      They are mainly just for Idle and slightly above.

Mo

Comment

All things fixed hehe.
        Replaced my knackered floats with a set of stock ones (pre adjusted) and also replaced the 132 dynojet mains with 122.5 mikuni mains.

No more horrible gas smell out the exhaust and the bogging and hesitation is gone as well! WOOHOO!!! I'm riding!!

Dm of mD

Comment

Originally posted by Detman101
          All things fixed hehe.
          Replaced my knackered floats with a set of stock ones (pre adjusted) and also replaced the 132 dynojet mains with 122.5 mikuni mains.

No more horrible gas smell out the exhaust and the bogging and hesitation is gone as well! WOOHOO!!! I'm riding!!

Dm of mD
          /action=Hoomgar beats his chest one handed thumb in: w0rd!

Comment

Earl

Originally posted by Detman101

Dm of mD
            All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Working...
            X