Wire crimpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wire crimpers

Can anybody recommend an excellent wire crimper (wire stripper not necessary)? Some of the insulated terminals I use on my bike can not be soldered so I need to crimp them properly. I'm considering buying a Channel Lock crimper just because of their name as everything else I've seen on the market looks very cheap.

Thanks, Steve

I use a 5" (12.7 cm) bench vise. Nice and tight.

Michael

Comment

crimper

I never liked crimpers, always crimped and soldered connections, I've seen too many butcher jobs done by so called mechanics. I work for DOT Nova Scotia on their snow removal equipment so it's around a lot of salt.
      Instead of using a crimper that flattenes the insulated end I use one that puts a dimple in the insulation, seems to hold better than one that just flattenes the end. I think mine is Channel Lock cutter/crimper, cost $25.00?....Mike

Comment

I have had good luck with this style crimper.

The one I have at home is an Ideal version of this tool and is almost identical except in color.

Mike

Comment

I went out and bought the channel lock crimper. It looks just like the one Mike has and works well enough. It doesn't do as good of a job as the factory crimped wiring on cars or bikes but it will have to do.

Thanks again, Steve

Comment

Working...
          X