7-18-04 Cancun Cantina, MD Bike show *PICS*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7-18-04 Cancun Cantina, MD Bike show *PICS*

Well, I showed up at about 11:30 in the morning.
    I left Silver Spring at 10:50 and rode in the driving rain for a little while. It was invigorating!!!

I showed up at the Cancun Cantina to find only one other bike there. It was a chopper and had been trailered in and was UNDER A TENT!

When I walked in the place and asked where the bike show was all the waitresses and male tenders were like "YOU RODE IN THIS WEATHER!?!?!?!". I looked at them in bewilderment and said "Yeah, it's just rain...".
    They giggled and I went and found the trailer-queen biker that was there.

He immediately tried to sell me his overpriced uncomfortable chick-magnet bar-hopper bike. I pointed over at mine and told him "I only ride what I build". He looked at me and asked me "What the heck is that?". I laughed and told him the loooooong story of the rebuild.

I then went back inside and asked about food. The cook hadn't even warmed up the grill and they asked if I could wait 30 minutes. Well 30 minutes turned into a 2 hours and after I finished reading my bike mag I got up and went out to get a bite to eat at the Dunkin Donuts down the road.

Rubbing my freshly full belly and figuring the rain would
    keep most of the other bikers away I rode off in search of adventure. I wound up hanging out with my friend Josh at the junkyard for about an hour.

After leaving him and riding around a bit I returned to the Cantina at about 2:30 and there were other bikers there!!!

Even a 1947 Matchless which the guy RODE IN!!!

Leaky harley...

After perusing the bikes I bought a new necklace charm, a sticker and then went inside to see the bikini contest!!

I got bored and went back outside to look for more bikes and found the author of "Art of the Chopper" had arrived to sign copies of his book.

After telling him 15 times that I didn't want to buy his 40 dollar book I left and hopped on the bike and rode off to have some fun...which consisted of McChicken sandwiches and hours of quake2 at home till I fell asleep. ;D

Dm of mD

Not a bad way to spend a day dude! Nice pics, thank you.

Comment

hell yes! quake 2 is where its at!

Comment

persistent b@sterd, eh?! glad a few more bikes showed up for yer effort, too bad they wouldn't let you take pics of the girls, but good show getting them anyway, even if some are blurry from the four burly bouncers trying to wrestle you out

thanks for the story, glad you didn't get too wet!! 8)

Comment

Working...
        X